I have waited a long time.....

Judi S.
on 5/21/07 4:06 pm - Phoenix, AZ
any feed back you can helpme with I would love, I currently have RAN/AMN with the state.  I have gone thru my third level appeal and the Dr denied my, bascially stating that I need to have congestive heart failure, uncontrollable diabeties or high blood pressure.  none of which i have, lol I am just dealing with Osteo arthritis and spinal stenosis, make each and every day an adventure in walking.  WHAT ever help assistance, guidelines, prayers you can give me i will love.  I am ready to change Dr.s.  I feel i have NO help in that arena.  Saturday when i got hte letter, i just cried, i am so frustrated
maxaz1
on 5/23/07 3:35 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Hi Judi- I have shed those same tears many times, beliieve me. But never give up! I am proof of the wisdom of that advice.   First of all - have you had a sleep study? Because that is what made the difference for me.  And actually, this was my second sleep study. I had the first one about 1 1/2 yrs ago - it was borderline. And stupid me did not ask for a re-do. Because the doctor's office simply included apnea in the list of my diagnoses, I assumed it was being considered. But I didn't really have a diagnosis. I wasn't being treated for it. When it finally occurred to em that my apnea was worse (my snoring was driving my huisband out of the bedroom!), I asked for another study. This time I had an appointment with a pulmonologist (Dr. Susan Madison. She ROCKS!) not only sat with me and explained everything - my apnea, the test results, the implications, and prescribed the CPAP (which helps a lot! I am much more rested), but wrote letters too. And the cardiologist saw me again, looking for anything that might help me with my appeals. In the end - the apnea did it. It is not just waking up a lot and snoring. It is dangerous.  So - maybe there is something that was overlooked or has not been considered.  I was ready to bite the bullet and self-pay. It would not have been easy, but I'd take a loan for a car, so why not for my life? Good luck - keep at it. Let me know what you decide to do.
Judi S.
on 5/23/07 4:04 pm - Phoenix, AZ
i will ask the surgeon or my PCP for a sleep study.   They tell me after teh 3rd review your done, stop whining to us and suck it up.   to my luck I am getting married friday and my furture husband has wonderful federal Blue cross blue shield that even advertises a Bariatric  centers.   I am also going to change to Dr,. Juarez as he is in network for them so less out of pocket unless Dr., Simon wants to eat the difference ( yeah right who is in this fro free)   I truly appreciate you words of wisdom as i feel I am closer and closer to a wheel chair with all of this. thank you for your input :)
Most Active