Tomorrow is my first post-op class :-)

MARY OTU
on 5/15/07 7:43 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Alli! Sounds like you are doing great. I thought I had a gas tank in my tummy I was burping so much! I still burp a lot for that matter. Your first meal will be kind of cool. At least taste everything although I agree that the boiled egg was just to rubberyry and dry. I am going to give you my BEST post opp recepie. I lived off this stuff for a while. Num and full of protein. Chicken and Bean Soup 1 large carton of organic chicken stock from Sprouts 3 cans of beans (mix and match) 1/2 package of frozen, shelled Edamame from Sprouts 1/2 a rotiseree chicken, shredded up. Your family can eat the rest or freeze and save for next batch Spices to taste. Put all into pot and simmer till hot. I freeze portions and bring out as I want to eat it. Your family may gobble it up too. I am not kidding when I say this soup saved me. I still make it 7 months out. Your pal, Mary
alligatorpgr
on 5/15/07 1:12 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Mary, all I can say is YUMMO!!! It sounds delish, and I can't wait to try it Thanks bunches Alli
David S.
on 5/15/07 11:25 am
Make sure you take it easy on the foods. I know that you want to try some new stuff, but my doctor told us to focus on liquids for the first couple weeks. Glad you're doing well enough to be on the postings just 5 days out. Make sure to rest and take it easy! --Dave
alligatorpgr
on 5/15/07 1:14 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks for the advice Dave, my Dr has me on a very small list (7 items) of soft proteins that I can eat for the next 21 days. No carbs, milk, or anything like that, so although it doesn't sound appealing, I know if I stick too it, I will be successful. Sounds like you and your wife are doing great, so keep up the good work and keep posting so us newly post-ops can learn without making mistakes!!! LOL Alli
Linda S.
on 5/15/07 1:25 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Go slow, and good luck on your eating. Girl! Olivia had her pre-ops today, and has a date already, June 11th! She is so aggressive, don't know where she gets it from.
Nicole W.
on 5/18/07 7:07 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Alli, Back from Dallas... definately try the baby spoon for a few weeks. It worked well for me. When I got that uncomfortable pressure behind the sternum, I stood up or walked around for a few minutes until passed. Remember... chew, chew, chew. When I burped food came up... I just had the hiccups all the time. ~Nicole
Most Active