Tomorrow is my first post-op class :-)

alligatorpgr
on 5/14/07 2:13 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Well, it's only been 5 days since surgery, but tomorrow is my post-op class and I am really looking forward to it. If I see another container of sugar free jello, I swear I will vomit!!! I have been choking down the jello and the broth , but the water is going fine though. I'm surprised that I'm not hungry, no stomach grumbling or low blood sugar attacks or anything. Very surprising....Can't wait to eat some eggs, or some refried beans, anything that I have to chew!!! I am very burpy today, I feel like I have a rock in my stomach, and the gas pains are only in my stomach, not everywhere else, so I guess I'm lucky. Wish me luck on my first eating experience after surgery Alli
CK777
on 5/14/07 3:18 pm - Avondale, AZ
Hi Alli Congratulations, you are a LOSER! We love being losers! I hope all is going well with you. Take it easy and slow when eating tomorrow, it is like learning to eat all over again. You probably won't be hungry for some time so enjoy it while it lasts. I am still not really ever "hungry" but I still struggle with boredom "snacking" and have to keep a very consious mind when grabbing for a snack (which we aren't suppose to have). Good Luck tomorrow and please let me know if you need anything or have any questions. Cathy
alligatorpgr
on 5/14/07 4:19 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Hey there Cathy, I love being a loser!!! I never thought I would say that, but I do!!! I am a little afraid to eat tomorrow, but dying to chew on something, so we will see how it goes.....How's everything going with you???? Keep in touch Alli
JEAN-NA
on 5/15/07 12:00 am
Alli You Lucky girl you ! I remember the wanting to chew thing and the tofu was the bomb ! I never liked tofu before surgery weird how your taste will change ! JUst remember to take it very slow .. It will hit the pouch like a rock ! Good Luck on the rubber egg ! Still not crazzzy about em .. I think one of the worst things was the nasty taste in your mouth from gettin into ketosis , the only way for me to get rid of that taste was gum - little pieces. I cant wait to see you at group !!
alligatorpgr
on 5/15/07 1:05 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Hey Jeana, I lucked out today, no Tofu on the tasting menu. Today it was just a sad little boiled egg, a little cottage cheese, and a little refried beans with cheese (which were cold and unappetizing) It went really well, I took a few bites of everything, not really interested in eating, so I stopped at a few bites. I had some beans and cheese for dinner tonight, and I took 15 mins to eat them only 2 or 3 oz, and my pouch is hard as a rock. This will definitely take some getting used too!!!! I'm going to group tomorrow are you?!?!?!??!? Alli
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/07 5:40 am - AZ
Alli so nice to see you on the boards and feeling great!!! I remember I couldn't do the broth anymore. Just take it slooooowwwww. I remember burping alot too, but once my second striture was fixed it got alot better.Good luck at class.. Erin
alligatorpgr
on 5/15/07 1:10 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Erin, you are such a sweetheart, I love your new Avatar, you are just glowing.......I ate slower today, than I've ever eaten in my life, and it was painful....LOL.....I am so used to gulping my food down while I'm in my car, its a wonder I haven't caused an accident yet!!! I'm am a little scared of getting a stricture but I think after all you and Nicole and Melissa have gone thru, I'm sure you will be able to diagnose me before the office will LOL Alli
M. clarke
on 5/15/07 1:24 pm
LOL. Probably Alli! All I can say is trust what you feel, and hopefully you won't get one! It's insane at first the slow eating. It does get better. I still eat with a baby spoon. It's not necessary anymore as I can swallow a good amount, but it helps me to eat slower so I have just stuck with it. I wouldn't want to do that first month (or the first four really) over for anything in the world. It really isn't fun, but it will go quickly, and before you know it you will feel normal again. Then you will just be having issues with you clothes being to big! LOL.
Linda S.
on 5/15/07 7:40 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Good luck sweet one.
alligatorpgr
on 5/15/07 1:10 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks cutie pie, tell Olivia I said hi, and call me when she gets her surgery date!! Luv ya!!! Alli
Most Active