A week in review, these things too shall pass.....

jenniebr
on 5/12/07 1:29 am - queen creek, AZ
Wow, I sure missed a lot the last few days. On Thursday May 10, my daddy headed home for another chapter in our eternal lives. After what seemed like the toughest week of my life, I was able to find peace with all that had caused so much pain. I learned so much about the trials of life, Sunday, While I shopped on a day of rest, my little ones cut off each others hair, it will grow back and I learned another lesson the hard way. Monday, I took my babies to the park for a well needed break, then to get a chest xray for my 2 year old, get 2 cavities filled and pay my overdue fines at the library! got a call my daddy was in the hospital AGAIN Tuesday, Took my puppies to the vet, parvo, pediatrician called, pnemonia, AGAIN, Step-mom called, putting daddy on a vent, septic shock. Wednesday, while one person waited an extra day for surgery, another fought for her life during it. I had the opportunity to talk to the family and reassure them that she was in excellent care and that all would be well for her. She was a few rooms down in the ICU from my dad, but she will go home soon. Daddy holding on, whispered he loved me, he had a complete laryngectomy but I heard him!! almost forgot, 1 puppy died this morning. Thursday, the other puppy died, a delayed surgery was performed, a fill was cancel, my daddy was released from his pain and I am waiting for mine to ease. All the staff at Scottsdale Healthcare Shea did all they could to make it that much easier for all of us, and I thank them! Friday, a funeral was planned, an obituary was written, flowers were chosen, memories were shared, laughter again filled our home, daddy was gone from the earth but his spirit will always be felt here! Saturday, as I awoke for the 2nd day in my daddy's bed, I felt the comfort of knowing that this time next year, while I will always miss him, the events of this week will be a distant memory of all that we must endure in our lifetime. I guess its just not sweating the small stuff and seeing there is more to life than 1 days events. Please don't take any of this personally, as I am in my anger mode of grief and not meaning to anger anyone. I would like to thank everyone for your continued support over the last several months, years, days. I could not have done any of this without help. Wishing everyone a wonderful week ahead, remember to count the blessings you have and not to dwell on the ones lost, Jen
M. clarke
on 5/12/07 7:16 am
Jen. i am so sorry about your Dad, and your puppies. As i read your story it just felt so familiar what you were feeling. I understand how when things are bad everything else just seems to pile on top, the girls cutting off their hair, the dentists, all of the little every day things that happen just add on to it. And it all gets to be so very much. They say when it rains it pours and they aren't kidding! I have been where you are now on and off (mostly on) for the past 6 years. And I really do understand your meaning of not sweating the small stuff and dwelling on 1 day events. No one who has had loss is going to be upset with you for saying that. You and your family will be in my prayers. Take good care of yourself.
teachingdeb
on 5/12/07 2:14 pm - mesa, AZ
hi jen, oh my gosh, my heart just goes out to you. i'm glad that you were able to be with your dad, and that he KNEW you were there with him. My dad has had pneumonia 5 times since my mom passed on a year ago, and has been in and out of the hospital in Illinois...i understand your heart aches. How do you handle your saddness when food is no longer an option? i finally got the rest of my blood drawn....wondering if you remember me....you tried too....only thing left on my list of "to do's" is cardiologist clearance and mammogram. Both are scheduled, and so want to get this on and be on the other side!! Have a cruise to alaska in midjune and anxious to know how a cruise and a band will work. sending prayers and peace your way...debbie
JRinAZ
on 5/13/07 3:55 pm - Layton, UT
Ahhh, Jen sweetie! I am so sorry about your father. Grief has to run full circle and anger is actually a healthy feeling to experience. Let others "do for you" during this stage and allow yourself time to feel everything completely. I remember walking through the grocery store a couple of days after a very personal loss of my own. I wondered to myself, about how people could actually worry about which type of bread to buy when they had suffered such a life changing trauma. How do people just have a normal shower, or write bills, or take out the garbage when all of life seems to have crashed down around? I know you have amazing faith and that you understand wherein comfort can be found! Prayers your way Jen that you and your family can find strength, comfort and peace, and that joy returns quickly to your life! ....writing my feelings down helped me through my trials, maybe you can pencil down some of your amazing memories after writing of your sorrow...... Big Huggggzzz to you! Joyce
M. clarke
on 5/13/07 5:21 pm
Joyce. How are the wedding festivities going?
Most Active