RTD protein drinks

dfavre
on 4/24/07 2:53 pm - Maricopa, AZ
OK gang, I am soooooo tired of mixing my protien drinks! I got the profect samples, and they are actually pretty good. However, I feel pretty nautious (sp?) after drinking them. Are there any ready made drinks that won't make me feel this way? Dawn
nicoleaz
on 4/24/07 4:29 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Dawn, Personally, I like the Zero Carb Isopure. It's a little pricey, but the variety of flavors and the fact that it's premade and available at stores nearby makes it worth it for me. The taste is a little sweet - not nearly as potent as the Profect. I buy mine at Hi-Health or GNC - both offer "gold" type cards that often render "buy one, get one half off" deals that come in handy since I buy it by the case. I tried the Profect and it was a little too sickly sweet for me. Its saving grace was that there was only 2.9 oz in that little tube! Dr. B suggested I could cut the Profect with some water to make it more bearable, but that didn't help much. Sometimes I cut the Isopure with water. Good luck finding one you like! Nicole
JEAN-NA
on 4/24/07 11:28 pm
Dawn You could try the Atkins premade drinks also Muscle Milk has some - I use the Muscle Milk light - due to the calories and fat in regular formula - Plus they are small and easy to carry with me . I also found a really cool small blender - I can keep it in my drawer at work . much nicer than shaking the heck out of the mix bottle's Iso pure is OK too ! jus****ch some of the flavors - little powdery tasting, Lots of ice is key to Isopure
Ramona B.
on 4/30/07 1:52 am - Phoenix, AZ
My personal favorite is Myoplex Mocha Latte. I drink this in the morning as my breakfast meal replacement about three times a week. It is a little pricey at around $12 for a 4-pack (at Vitamin Shoppe). It's not particularly lo-cal or low fat, but if you're also in the gym working out, it does a great job of fueling your body for muscle building (I'm on a personal mission to "buff" up my arms!). I also drink the Vitamin Shoppe's house brand of RTD protein drinks, both the Vanilla and Chocolate are pretty tasty, and at around 150 calories a container, this may be more in line with the caloric intake you're looking to stay within. They're also considerably less expensive at around $8 for a 4-pack. April was their "buy one, get one 50% off" on all their house brand items, so this is definitely easier on the pocketbook. Doc and I bought a blender a few weeks ago, and we're busily experimenting with home-made "smoothies" since the Emerald City Smoothies cost $4.25 each. We were up to 3 of their smoothies a week, and when multiplied by the two of us, this equalled 24 smoothies a month which blew over $100 of our grocery budget. We decided we had to cut back on that expense! Ramona B
Most Active