Surgery Scheduled!

Kelove34
on 4/3/07 5:47 am - AZ
Well I received the long awaited phone call this morning that I have been APPROVED for surgery (LAP Band). We set my date for April, 17th 2007. I am so excited I can hardly stand it! Tomorrow night I have to go to a pre op class to fill out paperwork and learn about the pre op diet.
carolem
on 4/3/07 8:29 am - Austin , TX
Congratulations on your date! Time will go by fast now....who is your surgeon? I'm also lap-band and I didn't have to do a pre-op diet, but I know a lot of the doctor's do have you on one just before surgery. We were just suppose to loose 10% of our excess weight before surgery. I guess we did okay, hubby and myself, as there was no diet! You'll be really happy with your lap-band, I've never regretted my decision to do this and in only a couple of months since surgery it has made a dramatic change in how I feel. I've lost 36# which is a little more than usual, but everyone is different and you loose at your own pace. I can do more exercise now and just in general am enjoying life so much more. Good luck to you, I'm sure everything will go well with the surgery and you'll soon be among us losers!
Kelove34
on 4/3/07 9:16 am - AZ
I hope time flies! I just know I am going to get very nervous as the date nears. My surgeon is Dr. Schwartz at Foothills Surgery in Tucson. I do not know the details of my pre op diet but the nurse said 2 weeks of it. I am sure it is a low carb diet to try to shrink the liver as much as possible. I just cant wait to feel better. This is coming at a perfect time becasue I am in between jobs (currently looking) and it would be nice to loose a few lbs before my first interview. Thanks for the support! I am sure I will be back with lots of questions! Kelly
Candi Y.
on 4/3/07 8:56 am - Cottonwood, AZ
Congratulations!!! And yes time will fly now, I got through the surgery with flying colors, but always remember everyone is different. I am 3 weeks post-op with Doc Simpson (Lapband) and have lost 18lbs!! And doing WONDERFULY!! Get ready for your new lifes journey!!!! GOOD LUCK and keep us posted!
Most Active