Vitamin Patch

pam S.
on 3/20/07 10:09 am - Mesa, AZ
Has anybody here tried a vitamin transdermal patch? I am still pre-op (surgery 5/4/7) so I don't know much about what supplements I will be needing. Does anybody have any info on these?
desert rat
on 3/20/07 11:08 am - Goodyear, AZ
Pam, I've never heard of vitamin patches so I'll be watching your responses closely. It seems to me that IF they work, they would work for us. I get tired of taking pills all of the time but...it would have been prescription meds if I hadn't had WLS...vitamins are easily the best choice. Good luck, Dj
Candi Y.
on 3/21/07 12:15 am - Cottonwood, AZ
Hey Pam - I have not heard of a patch, good idea though!! But I have found a liquid that is VERY VERY tolarable tasting!! Its at Sams club and its called LiquidMax, brown bottle in the section where vitamins are. I started sampling these post-op too so I could find one I liked, and this one NOT bad at all. I drink it stright up! Start boosting your system at least 2 weeks post-op, think it really helped me with a super fast recovery!!
pufftobuff
on 3/23/07 6:54 am - Phoenix, AZ
I learn so much from this board. That is great to know but I am going to hope for that patch too! In the meantime I contacted a pharmacy that does comounding for pet medicines so I wonder if there are pahrmacy's that do compounding not only for vitamins but prescriptions as well. I'll look into it over the weekend and post what I find out.
heretolearn
on 3/27/07 2:01 pm - AZ
Compounding Pharmacy is Apothecary Shop. They have about 6 locations around the greater Phoenix area. We have used them for 6 years to have our son's meds compounded into a liquid. I think their website is apothecaryshop.com. They also do sugar free compounding and can avoid various allergens in the suspension liquid. It's covered by insurance and they ship to you if you don't want to go in and pick it up
KatieScarlett
on 3/26/07 4:21 am - AZ
I'm being referred for Lap-band surgery. I was told that I would need to take daily vitamins, and that "normal" vitamins might cause me to up-chuck. I've been checking around and found that Centrum has a liquid multivitamin/multimineral supplement. It doesn't taste too bad, and I think I will be able to take this one. The only downside I can see is that it's so pricey....15 days worth ran me $10.00.
Most Active