vitamin suggestions

Mikkilynn
on 3/2/07 2:24 am - Mesa, AZ
Hello All - Any suggestions on what calcium supplements to get? From what I understand, I should take 1500-2000 mg per day. If I get the chewable wafers, I would have to take 8 a day and the bottle would only last 15 days. But If I go with the Citracal petites, I would need to take 8 -10 day and the bottle would last 20-25 days. I'm just not sure if I can swallow the petite pills without them getting stuck after surgery. Also, I was thinking of actually taking liquid multi-vitamins instead of Centrum chewables. The vitamin and mineral content is much higher in the liquid form. According to my paperwork it states that I should take two multi-vitamins a day. But would that really be necessary if the vitamin/mineral levels are 4 times higher with the liquid vitamins versus the chewable Centrum. Lastly, are there any other vitamins, minerals, etc, that anyone would recommend taking besides for multi-vitamins, calcium citrate, biotin, pepcid and fiber? I just want to say thanks to everyone on the board. I truly do appreciate all your help, information and encouragement! Michelle
Most Active