What's up????

JEAN-NA
on 2/26/07 10:04 pm
Hey Joyce Was gone a couple days - had to reply ! I am Jeanna - You can call me Gina ! I am 8months post op RNY - down 105 from my July surgery ! Feeling great ! I look forward to seeing all my OH friends at Tusday meeting - crap thats tonight - OK I WILL BE THERE ..... My surgery was with Dr Blackstone and I would do it all over again !!!
MARY OTU
on 2/26/07 11:07 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Here is all about Wonderful new Mary! I had lap r n y with Blackstone on Oct 4th 2006. I am down from 255 to 181 as of today! My Dr goal for me is 155. I feel a personal goal for myself as closer to 165 but I guess I will see how that feels once I get there. I have done just great. Very few problems other than occasional frothing and LOTS of burping. I think I must swallow tons of air. Anyone have suggestions? My biggest life change has been exercising. I LOVE my water aerobics class and go 3-4 times a week. Best of all, I will be attending an instructor class next Month to obtain my certification to teach others! Woo-hoo! I cannot believe this is actually a realistic goal. My kids and husband are so proud of me. I love you all and hope to see some of you tonight in Chandler (even though I live in Central Phx and the traffic is going to be a ^*(+%@#_(%$&! Mary
Sarah C.
on 2/26/07 11:24 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi all, I'm a little late, but that's ok. My name is Sarah, I am 7 months out and have lost 102lbs, but have hit a HUGE stall, feeling a little stressed! My surgeon was Dr. Fang, he's a very nice Dr. I want to lose about 50 more lbs I feel very good, way more energy, I can do a lot more things then I used to. I am just so happy that I did this, kind of wish I had done it sooner! Sarah
kmayfield
on 2/27/07 12:25 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi all, I am Kim. I am 2 years and 4 months out. I had a Rny with Dr. Blackstone. I have lost about 115#'s. I stay about the same weight. I workout at a gym 3 days a week and try to get some cardio in on the other days. I still have some problems eating and have constant headaches since the surgery. I come here everyday and read to see what is happening with folks it keeps me on track. Kim
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 2/27/07 1:08 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey there Joyce and everyone else: As of today I have lost 66 pounds. I had my surgery on 9/20/06 with Dr. Juarez at St Lukes. I am not losing as fast as I did at first but I am satisfied with that. I have gone from a size 26/28 or 3X to a size 16W. I may even be able to get into a misses size; just haven't tried that yet. I DONOT regret having the surgery. I feel good and love my new way of eating. I love trying out new recipes and experimenting with old ones.
Tiffany McGee
on 2/27/07 3:49 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi Miss Joyce! I'll take the bait and write! I"m Tiff, I had surgery 7/28/06. I'm quite sad about it, but I"ve only lost 78 lbs to date. I have finally hit wonderland. Saturday I weighed in at 197lbs. But I keep fluctuating between 197 and 201. I know lots of difference there. So we'll have to see what the Dr's office says on 3/9. But there is a LOT of sunshine at the end of this tunnel - I'm 12 weeks pregnant and so far everything is going wonderfully (still waiting on the level 2 ultrasound for verification). I'm keeping my caloric intake down, and my protein intake is up to 140 grams a day. Some days more depending on how nauseated I get. Morning sickness is almost gone too. Sorry I've been missing. I don't get a lot of free time at work or home lately. Something about needy people in my life right now. J/K Take Care! Tiff
JRinAZ
on 2/27/07 7:16 am - Layton, UT
Oh my go****his has been sooooooo much fun! ...I love hearing about all of you; sharing in your success and maybe some of your struggles! What a journey! If you haven't jumped in to post and don't have a clue about what I'm talking about.....then just join in.... Tell us about yourself. When was/is your surgery? Who was your surgeon? How are you doing? Any new victories? Struggles? Goals? .......Be Brave! Come out of that lurk mode! Hugggzzz, Joyce P.S. I'm not responding to each wonderful post cuz you'd see nothing but my face for miles and miles! LOL! ....but, know that I am inspired by each and every one of you (as are probably dozens of others *****ad this site) and totally think you should all check in with us often and add your two cents to the chatter! Loser's Rock!
Deanne K.
on 2/27/07 8:30 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Joyce, I'm Deanne, I had my surgery on 11/9/04. I had hit the century club at about 14 months out, but I started to gain back some of my weight. Found out that I have a stretched stoma, which of course, I was blamed for the problem, but neither here nor there on that issue, it could have been a complication of the severe sticture that I had and having it dilated. I am pending approval hopefully for a lap band revision. I have developed by what I can tell is hypoglycemia. I was given a meter this last week to monitor my blood sugars and they have been extremely low. It might have something to do with my stoma being too big and food just dumping into my intestines or may be the pituitary tumor that I was recently diagnosed with. I can't say that I have reached my goal, I still have 60-70 lbs yet to go. I am not sure right now if I would do this surgery again because I have not gained the energy or the health benefits that most people have gotten. I am fighting a viscious cycle of wanting to sleep 20 out of 24 hours each day on the weekends and just getting up to go to work everyday. We have been trying to figure this out for years.
vquigley
on 2/27/07 11:05 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Joyce, I guess I'll take a turn. I'm Virginia and I had open RNY on 7/31/06 with Dr. Newhoff. So far I have lost 92 pounds and seem to have hit a plateau so I'm kicking up the protein and trying to get the weight loss moving again. I do have so much more energy and I love being able to walk without huffing and puffing. Shopping for groceries is now something that I can do and not send hubby (he spends more $$$ than I do). I have taken a couple of plane trips since my surgery and I'm thrilled to report that I don't need seatbelt extensions any more. That one was a big one for me because I travel to my firm's home office several times a year. Things I'm still looking forward to: a trip to Disneyland (I'm still a kid at heart); traveling across country this summer to visit some Family History sites; getting thinner; shopping in the regular women's section (instead of Catherine's and Lane Bryant) and a host of other activities. I'm truly grateful for this surgery--I consider it a miracle in my life. Virginia
CK777
on 2/27/07 12:44 pm - Avondale, AZ
OK, my turn! I'm Cathy and had my Lap RNY on 11/21/06 with Dr. Blackstone. My starting weight was 264 and I am currently around 204-205 (almost to OnederLand)! I haven't had many problems, just the usual with chicken and turkey getting stuck. I am enjoying life much more being able to do more actiivities with much more energy. I have a very boring office job (only about 3 hours worth of work in an eight hour day) so I tend to fing myself looking for crap to graze on so I end up going out into the warehouse to walk and walk and walk. If anyone knows of any decent office jobs on the West Side please let me know. I really want to be a blackjack dealer so maybe I'll look into it now that I feel more confident with myself. Cathy
Most Active