What's up????

Earl J.
on 2/26/07 11:16 am - AZ
Earl here. I am 3 weeks post op and have lost 33 pounds. So far I feel great, but I'm still getting tired in the afternoon. At least I have one more week before I have to go back to work. Darlene, DJ wants to know if EJ got his javalina?? Earl
Darlene X
on 2/26/07 10:26 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Nope They found tracks, and followed them, stalked the path again for a few days... but nothing. They are wondering if they camped too close to where the herd bedded down and scared them off.
azleshep
on 2/27/07 10:30 pm
daw....leen..... Hey Pam here..I am taking you up on your help with the OH picture! Can you email me your email address so I can send it to you privately. uhlala! Thanks, Pam email [email protected]
AZdove
on 2/26/07 11:42 am - Tolleson, AZ
I am 2 1/2 weeks out and down 18 1/2 pounds. This has been the easiest experience ever for me. I should have done this years ago. I have not been hungry. I have not had bad cravings. I have only thrown up 3 times and all because of chicken and my trying to eat it using the old habits of too big bites and not chewing enough. I long for the "big" bite for some reason. I currently dice my food up before I eat it and take an individual piece each time for a bite. Before surgery I would take an enormous bite and chew and chew....I miss that sensation. Is that strange? I love this site and visit it frequently. I have found more answers here from these friendly and informed people than I have from my doctors office (well at least quicker than the office!).
dfavre
on 2/26/07 3:14 pm - Maricopa, AZ
HI everyone! I only started posting within the past few months. My surgery is dated for April 4th, So god willing I will get to keep it! I am 305lbs right now, and hope to get to a goal of 180. I am 6ft tall, so anything under 180 is close to impossible. Anyway, I gotta say.. I am so thankful for all of your posts! I have learned so much from each and every one of your stories! In fact, I even started taking Biotin and Selenium in preparation for the hair loss thing... hee hee. One thing I was wondering though. Does anyone get together for hikes, bike riding, or anything like that? Glad to have you all to chat with... Take care, Dawn
M. clarke
on 2/26/07 3:52 pm
Dawn great idea to start on the vitamins before the fact! I should have done that. I don't know if anyone does get together for hikes or such but I think that is a great idea! I'm glad you brought it up. What do you think about a day at the zoo? That involves a lot of walking and site seeing too. I just did some reading and it has 2.5 miles of trails, and you can ride your bike or rollerblades if you want. They have a picnic area also. We could all meet up to enter and then make a designated time to meet up at the picnic area. That way everyone could walk, or ride at their own pace. Admission is $26.00 for adults and $18.00 for children. I realize that seems like a lot for a get together, especially for those of us without jobs. But I think it would be worth breaking into my piggy bank for. I would rather give my money to the zoo, then on food. It also says we can bring coolers and our own food. So we could all pack our own lunch or we could each make something to share with everyone. What ever everyone agreed on. Another idea might be to meet at a park and do a walk and picnic. Does any of that sound like fun to anyone??
M. clarke
on 2/26/07 4:13 pm
Ellen. I don't think that is strange at all. I actually.. :: BLUSH:: one time took a big bite of melted cheese and chewed it up. I didn't swallow it. That is really pathetic I know, but I wanted that sensation of having food in my mouth! I only did it once, and then I got over it. But I completely understand. You are not alone in that one.
Bobbys_mom
on 2/26/07 2:23 pm - AZ
Hi everyone! I'm new to this site as well - still in the post monitoring stage. My son had lap RNY and is doing pretty well. He went to Dr. Juarez today because of a problem he was having with his arm at the IV site. He has phlebitis and is taking aspirin and antibiotics. He is 10 days out from surgery so today was a good opportunity to get on a scale to see just how well he is doing . . . down 26 pounds! I know it won't continue at this rate but it was good for him to see the progress he has made. He's only 22 years old and I am afraid that he may not take the surgery as seriously as he should. I ordered a scale on line over the weekend and it should be here this week - that should help. I find it really interesting the various nutrition programs and how they differ from one surgeon to the other. After reading many, many posts, and the challenges some people are having, I am thankful that my son is on a "full liquid" diet for three weeks. Then it's on to pureed. Well, just wanted to say hi - thanks for the invite Joyce!
M. clarke
on 2/26/07 6:05 pm
Karen, tell him congrats on his weight loss! I'm not sure what phlebitis is but from what I remember of medical terminology I am guessing an inflammation of the vein. Sounds kinda painful. I hope he feels better soon. It is nice of that you support him this way
Bobbys_mom
on 2/27/07 3:07 pm - AZ
Yes, your memory is correct. Phlebitis is inflamation of the vein - getting a little better each day. Thanks for your support - I'm not sure my son considers my attention to him as supportive . . . just a nagging mom!
Most Active