Mammogram needs to be done again!!!

alligatorpgr
on 2/12/07 10:19 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I have calmed down a lot since last night, my emotions were raging, but I'm thinking much more clearly now. Everyone is right, I shouldn't worry until they give me something to worry about, and no matter what happens, I am a strong person, and I will survive Thanks to EVERYONE *****plied and gave me words of encouragement, I so needed it !!! I love my OH friends Alli
AZdove
on 2/12/07 11:30 am - Tolleson, AZ
I had the same experience just prior to my originally planned surgery date. Redo on one side of the mammogram was required with an ultrasound. I freaked! Straight into thoughts of not having to worry about my WLS coming up but to figuring out what type of cancer therapy I needed! I was my own worst enemy! What is kind of nice about this is that immediately...and I mean immediately after your retest and ultrasound is read (it has to be done while you are still there) you get the results. That is the law! Pink power? Human right? Just the "knowing" that it is or isn't something has stopped many bad things from happening in the "not knowing" period. I had a cyst. I was given approval. But I didn't get cardiac clearance in time so my surgery was not until just this past Wednesday. My prayers are with you. All will be fine. Jesus take the wheel....always.
M. clarke
on 2/12/07 11:37 am
See Ali. That is two people just on this board that went through the same thing for a cyst. It is common. I bet you that is all it is Ellen I didn't know that was a law, thanks for that info! They did have a doctor there that read mine as soon as it was done like you said. That not knowing period is very scary.
alligatorpgr
on 2/12/07 12:14 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
They say these things come in three's right?!?!??!?! Just joking, no matter what I will survive!!!! Alli
M. clarke
on 2/12/07 12:18 pm
They say things come in three's, but it's more like they came in 8's. At least that has been my experience Yes you will be fine!
alligatorpgr
on 2/12/07 12:13 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Ellen thank you SO MUCH for the info!!! Just knowing that I will know the results on Friday is such a relief. I can deal with what is, it's the unknown the bothers me. I feel very relieved ...........I'm so glad everything went well with your surgery Alli
paulacohen
on 2/12/07 11:15 pm
Ditto, for what's it's worth, I TOTALLY relate to your freaked-out-ness About 5 years ago, I got the results letter that said "abnormal" - FREAKED OUT is right - of course, got the letter late on a Friday afternoon, couldn't talk to anyone till Monday!! Anyway, long story short - it was what is called a fibroadenoma, basically a benign fatty ( ha) cyst. Many people leave them in, but I wanted that puppy out, so went thru a kind of lumpectomy so they could check the whole thing, not just the sample cells -- anyway, it is very common, much,much more common than b/c - but any of us who have had non-normal results can totally, totally relate - hang in there, the chances are very, very good that it is nothing to worry about - a cyst, a shadow, a bad picture, a fatty boob (I can say this because that's what they told me I had... ) And you really don't even want to go there now, but if it is something not so good, it is MUCH MUCH better to find it before you can feel it, that means it is still very very small (no consolation, but true...)
alligatorpgr
on 2/13/07 3:01 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks Paula, I think I have calmed down enough to go in on Friday without having a few drinks first LOL...Just Joking, anyways, I heard from Ellen that they have to give me the results on Friday, so I'm kinda relieved about that. It's the not knowing that bothers me the most........I will survive no matter what Alli
JRinAZ
on 2/13/07 11:02 pm - Layton, UT
....will be sending happy thoughts your way on Friday Ali. I'll look forward to your "positive" report on Saturday at brunch. .....((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) joyce
alligatorpgr
on 2/14/07 2:07 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks for the kind words, I actually feel a lot better about everything now. I will go in, find out what's wrong (or not) and continue on ....I will survive..... Alli
Most Active