One week pre-surgery and almost cancelled***AGAIN!

AZdove
on 1/31/07 9:25 am - Tolleson, AZ
I received an email at work today that almost made me start sobbing hysterically. I had originally been scheduled for surgery on 11/22/06 and was scratched at 6pm the night of the 21st. After finally getting rescheduled for 2/7/07 here was an email that said they could not verify that I still had the benefit of WLS so I was going to be removed from the schedule! Even though it had been confirmed that this benefit would transfer over into 2007 with both HR and Cigna on 12/6/06! I quickly called my benefits department in HR and then conferenced in Diana at SBC. That was no help. By the time we got to someone who could help we had two people from HR, 2 people from Cigna and Diana and I on the conference call. Since I will be out of the office starting on Monday I had taken everything home..all the paperwork, phone numbers etc that I felt I needed to fight this battle. But Diana had my file in front of her and there were printed copies of all letters, approvals, appeals and notes from February 2006! She had the number of my complex case manager right in front of her with Cigna...that was a life saver! She also had the approval code number. It was funny but this morning driving in to work with the small raindrops bouncing off of my little red car I had KMLE radio on. They played a song "Jesus Take the Wheel". I had never really listened to that song. I did this morning and in the middle of all of this chaos that song flew into my mind. And that was what I did...He took the wheel and I am still on the schedule for surgery next Wednesday. If the events of today had resulted in the cancellation of my surgery for the second time I was going to take it as the word of God and stop pursuing WLS. But now I have it on the best authority that I should have the surgery and to just sit back and enjoy all the benefits of a new beginning. There is a great book entitled "Conversations with God". I remember reading the book jacket in the book store and the one line that compelled me to purchase the book was: God answers always......in ALL ways. It may be a childs voice, a song on the radio or a bit of a TV commercial...we just need to listen.
Nicole W.
on 1/31/07 9:33 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Oh Ellen, I am SO sorry.
JRinAZ
on 1/31/07 10:32 am - Layton, UT
Ellen, You are a sweetie pie! The pot of gold over that rainbow will just be apperciated more than ever after the big hairy storm you've been through to get there! You'll be in my prayers and I'll be waiting to start my back flips and happy dancing next week with you! Who is your angel? Will someone be reporting on you for all of us???? If you don't have one then how bout shooting me a privatre e-mail with the right phone numbers and full names and stuff and I'll give a call or do a drop by if it's alright! Big Hugggzzz to you! Joyce
AZdove
on 1/31/07 8:13 pm - Tolleson, AZ
Thank you for the offer to be my angel Joyce! I do have an angel at this time but I would still like to meet you if you are in or around the hospital during the time I am there. The people on this message board have become so near and dear to my heart. This HAS been a trying experience and a very LONG one but it has been made easier by the people that read and write within this forum. Some great person somewhere in time once said that a problem shared is a problem halved. Think about the math involved in splitting out my problem into all the parts it would be necessary to reflect the number of people supporting me during this time! Okay I don't think my calculator has enough spaces!
pwrightt
on 1/31/07 10:58 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Ellen: After everything you have been though you surgery time is here. Yes I believe things are meant to be. You are right. We just need to listen. I wish you only the very best. Good luck on your surgery.
(deactivated member)
on 2/1/07 4:35 am - AZ
Good for you for making it happen. I am sure god is looking down on you now. Good luck on the 7th!!! Erin
Desertflower
on 2/5/07 8:12 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi Ellen, As your new "birthday" approaches, remember what an inspiration you are to those of us coming after you. I am hoping to get my final approval soon. I wish you all the best. Robin
Most Active