Things I have learned

JEAN-NA
on 1/30/07 10:48 pm
I thought I would share the most valuale things I have learned since visiting this board .. 1. Patience ! - Cause they are going to try it - every time 2. Keep copies of all medical records and carry with you to each and every appt ! - the staff will say they never received it - Go ahead and offer them your copy !! 3. What works for one person does not work for everyone - The truth ! 4. More people than you know- Care about you ! - your here reading this ! 5. Anger never gets you anywhere fast ! - so dont slam the phone down on the receptionist - she is a min wage earner... 6. Be proactive in your own care ! Bounce your idea's off your doctor .. 7. Be on time !- cause your late - they will give away your appt - But on time - you will sit and wait for the doctor and extra half hour... 8. Treat others as you would want to be treated . - Golden rule of life 9. Be open & honest & kill em with kindness ! 10.Be assertive when you have to ... Push the button a few extra times ! You deserve the pain meds - Go ahead
Nicole W.
on 1/31/07 1:55 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Very True, Jean!!!
pwrightt
on 1/31/07 2:11 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Great points. Number 2 point comes to mind. I carried my cardiac clearance on me. I had already checked numerous times with the office staff to make sure they had my pulmonary and cardiac clearance. As they were prepping me for surgery all I could hear was "where's her cardiac clearance". Good thing I had an extra copy in my purse. Didn't need it as it was finally found but can you imagine my surgery stopped and I'm already on the prepping table.
JEAN-NA
on 1/31/07 3:01 am
Pam That is too funny !!!
Most Active