Ignorance is totally unexcusable!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon Martinez
on 1/30/07 7:40 am - Mesa, AZ
As I posted yesterday to everyone, I was SUPPOSED to have surgery tomorrow morning! Well, due to the incompetance of the office staff at my dr.s office, I now have to wait until Thursday! They are playing these, "we dont have your cardiac and pulminary clearances".....even though my pulmonologist has faxed them 5 times since Friday! And I just left the cardiologist about an hour ago and they called me and told me that they had not only faxed over the release, but called and talked to them and they assured her that my surgery would yes, be Thursday....but when I called to make sure that they had everything they needed, it was "we're too busy to deal with you right now, we have patients that need our immediate attention, call back tomorrow! OHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......I have jumped through so many @@#^$@^#$ hoops in the last few months to get this taken care of and the dr's office just treats me like I'm nobody, especially making me feel like this HUGE decision I made to change my life isnt worth it at some points! I am so sorry that I am sitting here complaining, but seriously, how did y'all keep from going to the funny farm or physically hurting someone in your dr's office before this was all said and done?????????????? If there is a coping mechanism out there that will help me, by all means...HELP!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!! Emotionally yours, Sharon
Nicole W.
on 1/30/07 10:56 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Sharon, So sorry your upset.. I know you mentally prepare yourself for the big day. I hope your surgery still goes as planned! ~Nicole
alligatorpgr
on 1/30/07 12:01 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Sharon, I'm sorry to hear about your delay. I can't even imagine all the emotions you are feeling right now. Don't feel bad for letting your feelings out. It's more damaging to keep things inside. You have a big support system here at OH, let us be your sounding board. As for coping, the worst thing you could do right now is to overeat (which is what I do when I'm all stressed out). Just get your eye on the goal, which is surgery, recovery, and leading a happier and healthier life. Best wishes Alli
pwrightt
on 1/30/07 12:13 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Don't be sorry. I was a nervous wreck the week before my surgery and if it had been canceled the day before I think I would have jumped off the roof. Even though you want to kill right now like Nicole said keep mentally strong. Most of us can understand your frustration with a doctors office staff. Two days and your surgery will be here. Keep yourself mentally and emotionally strong. Good luck Pam
Sandi F
on 1/30/07 12:56 pm - Tempe, AZ
Hi Sharon, I am so sorry that you were rescheduled! That's just plain aweful no matter what the reason and even worse when you know that you did everything you possibly could and someone else has caused the delay. Just know that we are all here to support you. Take care, Sandi
horizontallychallenged
on 1/30/07 2:30 pm
I got copies of all my important tests myself and when the time came nearer I told them to keep going through with everything because I had my own copies. I even went to the hospital on the morning of the surgery with the cardiac clearance in my hands that everyone else supposedly had but I wanted to make sure I had, I ended up haveing to show them mine . I just made sure I had copies of everything they said they needed and I kept it with me at all times.
carolem
on 1/31/07 1:46 am - Austin , TX
I can totally relate to your feelings, that week before surgery is an emotional roller coaster. The doctor is probably not aware his/her office is so inefficient. You are lucky it didn't cause a longer delay. I didn't know until a few days before that my date was going to be kept. It had to be changed once due to some more clearances they wanted, it moved my date almost 2 months forward. I think the reason these office people are so insensitive is the number of people standing in line for the procedure. Most of the surgeon's have more than they can handle, so for the office to **** off someone and you go away helps them, but hurts you, so you kind of have to remember that. Don't cut off your nose so to speak! The posting about getting copies of all your clearances is a good one, I never thought of it, it's a good way to keep on top of your medical condition pre-op and going forward to track how it will change. Good luck Sharon, it will all be worth it. You'll soon be a looser! I know that sounds funny, I mean it in a positive way!!!
susancas
on 1/31/07 4:20 am - Peoria, AZ
HI Sharon - I can understand how you feel, I am sure we all went through the same thing....waiting and waiting, appointment after appointment and then WHAT? reschedule?? I would be so mad too! I had my cadiac clearance 30 days prior to my scheduled surgery date. The cardiologist gave me the clearance paperwork and i called my Dr's office repeatedly asking HOW or WHEN I should get them the clearance info. I left message after message, should i fax it, mail it, bring it with me to the hospital day of surgery...and i NEVER got a response. I finally resorted to asking for the office manager the day before my surgery and let them have a piece of my mind! The person who is the "surgery scheduler" finally called me less than 24 hours before my surgery and was frantic, "can you please fax your cardiac clearance paperwork to me..." I told her that I had planned on not showing up for surgery since I hadn't heard from her. I let her and the office manager know that I was nervous, stressed because of my surgery ALREADY and them treating me this way was so unprofessional and completely unnecessary. She did apologize, but let me tell you, that whole scene left me with a bad taste in my mouth the following day when I did indeed have my surgery. When the Dr came in to visit me after the surgery, I let him know what happened and he was shocked. He said he would address this with her. BUT I hope your surgery goes well and that you have fantastic results, which will make you FORGET all this aggrevation!!!! GOOD LUCK!
Most Active