I made it...

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/07 2:22 pm - avondale, AZ
Hey all, We'll I had my surgery this morning. So far so good. My pain is very minimal, probably a 2 out of 10. I haven't needed any pain meds. Tomorrow will be better after they disconnect me from all these hoses. Thanks to everyone for your prayers and good wishes. YEAH, i'm so excited to be on the losing side. Danielle
M. clarke
on 1/24/07 2:30 pm
Danielle. So glad you are doing so well. I wanted to rip those dang drainage tubes out the first day. They were hurting my shoulder so bad! I'm so glad your doing so well. You should be on your feet and home in no time with that kinda pain tolerance! Welcome to the losing side
Nicole W.
on 1/24/07 2:43 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
YaY Danielle!!! Glad to hear you are doing great. I was just thinking about you. As Melissa said, if you get some pain in your left shoulder, that is normal... it's from the anesthesia. Your pain level is great... I was probably the same as you. But take it easy, do your walking, drink your water and the lovely broth they have there (NOT!!!) and let them take care of you... that way you are feeling great when you come home. I hope you get to enjoy your spa package. I hope to stop by tomorrow. Take it easy!
M. clarke
on 1/24/07 5:27 pm
The jell-o might be good. My nieces ate it when they came to visit me. But then again they are 2 and 3. The only thing I ate was ice cubes. I filled my cup up with ice on every walk. Irritated the nurses because they couldn't keep track of how much I was drinking because I kept eating the ice instead of drinking. LOL. Just an FYI that liquid pain stuff they do give you might make you sick. I threw it up in the hospital. I've heard others say the same thing. So just a heads up on that. And yes on the spa package too! I got the massage. It was great except that I fell asleep during it. You know they kept trying to tell me that pain was from the anesthesia when I was there. But then one of the nurses finally confessed it was the drain tube. And sure enough when they pulled it out it slithered right through where it was hurting so much. I did have a lot of gas pains in my shoulders though after that, but not stabbing like before they took out the tube.
pwrightt
on 1/24/07 10:36 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
HI Danielle: Welcome to the loosing side. I am so glad after all you have been though. Now its time to enjoy your new journey (and your spa treatment). Everyday gets better. Pam
MARY OTU
on 1/25/07 7:30 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Nicole, I love your new photo! Looking good girl! Mary
CK777
on 1/24/07 11:55 pm - Avondale, AZ
Danielle Wow, you are posting already! That is great! Your pain is so little too, that is wonderful. Has your husband been staying up there with you? Did your mom come in to watch you little one? If you need any help in the next couple weeks once you get home you let me know since I live so close. I will check if you are there on Friday when I go for my appointment. CONGRATULATIONS!! Cathy
JRinAZ
on 1/25/07 1:16 am - Layton, UT
Back Flips! High Fives and Happy Dances for you Danielle! ..... You'll be reporting your century club celebration before you know it! Hugggzzz, Joyce
carolem
on 1/25/07 1:35 am - Austin , TX
I'm so glad your feeling so lively! That is great news....see you soon at post-op.... Carole
Candi Y.
on 1/25/07 6:52 am - Cottonwood, AZ
Congrats! Who did your Lapband?? I am going for my first consult 2/1!! I'm both nervous and excited.
Most Active