Lost in the desert.. hehe

Darlene X
on 1/13/07 8:53 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Hubby and I got lost in the desert yesterday for 7 hours hahaha... ok we weren't quite lost, but kind of. Hubby has tags for a javelina hunt the end of Febuary, so we went to check out some of his area, 4WD, go scouting for javelina etc... It was up north of Lake Pleasant.. there are so many 4WD roads and stuff up there, it was gorgeous! We lit a fire in a gorgeous canyon and made hotdogs. Also shot a few guns, I played with the 22 rifle, and even shot a 357 magnum hand gun... but wow I didnt like that, way too much power. We had such a fun day!! Hubby even shot a quail, he gutted it and everything... and will be eating quail breast today-- I wonder if its low fat? hehe. It's days like those that he is so happy about the surgery-- being able to hike around hunting... he was very happy yesterday. It's days like those that I am so very thankful that I actually have a husband now! Now that I didn't before... but losing 260lbs sure changes a man! Anyway I haven't been posting on the AZ board much, so just wanted to say Hi n stuff. Darlene 338/187/170 -151lbs
pwrightt
on 1/14/07 12:24 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Good to see you posting Darlene on the Arizona forum. You are always honest in your answers and not afraid to express your opinion. I saw you on the main board. WoW 260 lbs. Now that is what we truly call a "changed man" Pam
horizontallychallenged
on 1/14/07 1:45 am
I keep a 357 in a gun box on my night stand, they are kickers. Good thing he had WLS, now that quail breast will make a good size meal. You need 50 per person normally, LOL.
sassyznaz
on 1/14/07 11:34 am - Phoenix, AZ
how lucky you to are to share that with each other.it seems your both enjoying life in the fullest
JRinAZ
on 1/14/07 1:33 pm - Layton, UT
So do they make camouflaged suits and fluorescent orange hunting vests in SMALL???? High Fives to both of you for going off and on your own and "getting back to nature".....and conquering a bit of it as well. Soooo.....how was that little bite of poultry? Huggggzzzz, Joyce
dfavre
on 1/14/07 4:02 pm - Maricopa, AZ
What does Quail taste like anyway? Darlene, you are a strong woman, cuz I couln'****ch someone kill and gut an animal. Geeze, I even bust into tears when I see a dead cat/dog on the side of the road! Glad you had a good time...sounds so romantic! -Dawn
Most Active