Could it get any worse...

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/07 10:49 am - avondale, AZ
Hey everyone, First I'd like to thank everyone for their well these last few days leading up to my surgery. I was about to start my cleansing process today when the phone rang. It was Dr. Blackstones office calling to cancel my surgery for tomorrow.... WHAT??? I have been waiting years for this surgery now to be less than 24 hours away from it and have it taken away just like that. Dr. had some type of family emergency, which i can not fault her for... i'm just being pissy. So now I don't know when I will have surgery. Thanks again to everyone for your support, I hope to one day join those of you on the losing side.
Nicole W.
on 1/11/07 11:49 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Oh Danielle... I am so sorry for the cancellation. I hope they can get you rescheduled as soon as possible. I can't imagine what you are going through. Thankfully you didn't do the bowel prep yet! That would have sucked BIG time.
M. clarke
on 1/11/07 12:38 pm
I'm with Nicole! At least you hadn't done that bowel prep! I don' think I could have done that thing twice! I'm sorry this happened for you. And sorry Dr. Blackwell had a Family emergency I hope everthing is okay with her Family. You must be very depressed and disappointed! All the anxiety and excitement building up. The day before! I hope you get rescheduled soon!
pwrightt
on 1/11/07 12:41 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
HI Danielle: Like I said when I emailed you earlier I am so sorry. Its getting yourself mentally prepared and then the let down. BUT stay focus and positive. You've waited this long and this operation is well worth the wait. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Pam
CINABOBINA
on 1/11/07 9:59 pm
Danielle Bummer ! But I am sure Dr B will get you in as quick as possible ! She is well worth the wait, I am sure she was just as unhappy about cancelation as you . Just call the girls and let them know to put you on for the first available slot - even cancellation - sometimes other cancel at the last minute to due to colds, family issue or even insurance issue's Just a funny side note ..... She was late to my surgery - She was home watching the "tour de france" we laugh about it all now !
JRinAZ
on 1/11/07 11:45 pm - Layton, UT
Ahhhhhh Danielle! That had to have sucked the life right out of you! .....I had a similar thing happen to me in October but didn't handle it well. My 20/20 hindsight teaches me that I should have just regrouped and moved forward. Jsut hang in there! It will happen and perhaps they'll roll out the red carpet for you and slip you in asap under the cir****tances! ....... It's got to be tought to be a surgeon where people are centering their entire lives around your performance. It would definitely be a tough job to try and call in sick when you weren't feeling well....... cancel the hospital, the anesthesiologist, the nursing staff, the surgical assist, the patient, etc. Take yourself on a good walk around the mall and pick out the lovely outfits you'll be wearing before long. The walking will get your circulatory system all ready for a healthier surgery! Big Hugggzzzz, Joyce
azunruly
on 1/12/07 12:26 am - Hot as Hell, AZ
Wow that bites
AZdove
on 1/12/07 12:46 am - Tolleson, AZ
Can I say, been there....done that.....! Only I had already taken the bowel prep. I was livid! Screaming, crying, ranting and raving for a couple of hours. But then I calmed down. Thought about everything and decided that all things happen for a reason and they happen when they are supposed to happen....not before. My surgery was originally scheduled on November 22nd, the day before Thanksgiving. In the early evening hours of the 21st I received a call that I needed an Echocardiagram so my surgery was being cancelled. I am now scheduled for surgery on 2/7/07 and have made sure all of my tests are in order and completed. And I feel more confident about the surgery this time. I am determined to get through it and make this work for me. I understand your frustration and your anger. You are entitled to those emotions. Give them free reign and let them burn and then die out. Then, like I had to do, pull your big girl panties up and get ready for the date they will give you to replace your cancelled one. Let me know what date that is and I will be there for you if you need. I know when my original surgery was cancelled I reached out to the people on this message board for support and found immense amounts of it. Let us help you through this if you need. We are here.
carolem
on 1/12/07 7:25 am - Austin , TX
It sucks is right! Thank god they called you before the bowel prep, like Ellen said, that's really not fun. You have a right to be pissy. I'm not happy either, you saw my post, I'm wondering since they cancelled me pre-op appt. if my surgery date of the 26th will still be on. Who knows, I just know I'm not going to let them string me out another couple of months, I know she's good but I'm not going to re-arrange my life again. I have a pretty good lead on another surgeon, so we'll see. Let us know what they change you to, I would insist on the very next surgery time, move everyone out a day if they have to, but this 2 and 3 months out is just plain crazy. Good Luck to you.
Kathy S.
on 1/15/07 4:07 pm - PHX, AZ
I am so sorry that this has happened to you! Believe me, I bet Dr B is just as upset as you are. She is very tough but she really does care about her patients. I got cancelled at my preop appointment so she could schedule a colonoscopy first. I was devastted! Once the test was done I had my surgery less than two weeks later on a Friday 5/05/06. I was the only patient done that day! You have invested so much to get to a surgery date ..... and she knows that. Stay on top of the office and abreat of what is happening. I am sure you'll be one of the first people when she returns. I hope she is alright and her family is OK. Good luck and know this board is pulling for you! Hugs, Kathy 315/199/160
Most Active