QUESTION ABOUT AMOXICILLIN

sgirl
on 1/5/07 10:09 am - tucson, AZ
I have to take amoxicillin because I have a sinus infection. Did anyone have any bad reactions to it?
lemarie22
on 1/5/07 11:05 am - Glendale, AZ
I haven't had any bad reactions to amoxicillin, but I make sure that my pcp prescribes it in liquid form. I've found that if I take antibiotics in pill form, I usually need to take a second round for any infection to completely clear up. Either that or make sure that I don't drink liquids for a long time after taking the pill. My theory (and I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV) is that pills are just as subject to malabsorption or washing through the pouch as food. I make sure that everything is either chewable or liquid. I even take Gummie Bear vitamins at three years out. Hope you feel better soon. Connie
Nicole W.
on 1/5/07 2:57 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I took Zithromax which is a much stronger version of Amoxicillin a few weeks ago... my doctor gave me 10 days instead of the normal 5 days to help clear up my infection. I ate yogurt before taking it because it gave me an upset stomach... and often felt like I was going to hurl, but the discomfort passed as days went on. Hope you feel better!
Most Active