seal a meal

moirap
on 1/3/07 10:58 am - Mesa, AZ
I dont know how much since I got it as an xmas gift and actually it is not an "official seal a meal" it has another name (probably it was a liitle cheaper) but same premise. Seal a meal is more well known. You can probably get it at walmart or target or Kmart. and they have the bags in boxes like ziplock bags. It likely may seem pricey at first but in my family they love to eat out especially fast food which I can't stand anymore. It is too rich and greasy. Each average meal I have does 3 meals to me. My birthday was the end of December and we went to eat at Buca Di Pepo. I told them to share a dish but no one liked the same thing. Do you know how many leftovers I had? The family is tired of my eating habits because I only eat healthy now and especially the children think I am trying to kill them with all this healthy food. For the first time my diet issues come first. I did my BMI and for the first time I am NORMAL and not obese. I dont know of anyone who has died from eating grilled chicken instead of fried. Thanks for listening to me ramble good luck with the seal a meal I am having loads of fun with it.... Moira
chrisaf
on 1/3/07 2:35 pm - Kingman, AZ
Hello Moira, it is nice to hear about your BMI and your continued fight to eat healthy. I always wondered why I was obese because I eat a lot of healthy food, but after surgery I understood why. It is the amount of food consumed. I look at the portions that my husband puts out for my daughter and himself and I am amazed. I am only eating 1/4 cup of liquids right now but when I look at there plates the amt looks almost 10 times that. I am hoping that my decreased intake will have an effect on them once I am able to start eating "meals" with them again. Christine
AZdove
on 1/3/07 10:32 pm - Tolleson, AZ
I do not own a "seal a meal" or a clone but I have a daughter that takes care of two small children. It is so convenient to save the little containers that baby food now comes in for "mini" leftovers. We have stock piled a large number of them for after my surgery. They are plastic and look like little Tupperware or Glad disposable containers but in miniature. They also do not take up much room in the freezer and they stack really well!
Nicole W.
on 1/5/07 5:50 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Saw it today in Target, but they were out.... there are two different ones/brands. When I get my Bonus check I will have to get one. Moira, I sent you a Private Message regarding the pictures from the Holiday Gathering, can you email the pictures? Thanks!
M. clarke
on 1/11/07 1:57 pm
BTW Nicole.. did you ever get that seal a meal? I saw several of them last week.. i think they were seal a meals at walmart on chapparel and pima for like $35??
Nicole W.
on 1/11/07 3:51 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Nope, I ended up going to Sears to get a Steamer and saw my Kitchen Aid Blender that I have been dying to get for years now and it was on sale... so I bought the steamer and blender instead. I saw one at Target by Rival that seemed pretty reasonable. But now that I think of it, I really don't know how often I would use the food saver. My bonus check is gone... had to pay some bills, so maybe with my next paycheck. Only thing... running out of counter space!
Most Active