seal a meal

moirap
on 1/2/07 10:50 am - Mesa, AZ
I was having such a hard time keeping up with my left overs...I was worried I may start over eating. (Remember there are chlidren starving in other countries) and I would always feel bad wasting the food also. Well now I'm sealing my leftovers and I feel so much less guilt. When the family runs out for fast food or for lunches instead of buying frozen meals I can boil the meals or microwave them. I let you know how it goes...Happy new year to all Moira P
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/07 12:58 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for posting this. I have been tempted a couple of times to get one of those things but I wasn't sure I would use it or that it would work. Please do let us know if it works. If it does, I will get one.
AZdove
on 1/2/07 8:07 pm - Tolleson, AZ
Your post brought back a comic memory from one of my many failed weight loss attempts. One evening when a friend was over to dinner who had been successful at losing a boat load of weight and keeping it off I had a small to medium amount of left overs from the dinner I had served. As I was reaching for another scoop of cheesy rice I made the comment that it would be such a shame to see it go to waste as there were children starving somewhere. She placed her soft, kind hand on mine and asked me for an envelope. I was really puzzled. She said she would mail the food to the children in another country so that I would not feel compelled to eat it. I laughed and said that it wouldn't do them any good! She quietly said, "and neither will your eating it!" I have always thought of that when someone makes reference to starving children.
moirap
on 1/2/07 9:58 pm - Mesa, AZ
I love that story, thats great. I often wonder how much of that nonsense lead to my obesity issues. It would be so easy to just give me a vitamin but "NO" I had to finish everything on my plate because of these starving children and so I would get my nutrition. All I got was fat. I am glad I did not force my children to eat. Thank you for sharing that story with me Moira P
Darlene X
on 1/2/07 11:05 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Hey Moira!!! I got a food saver for Christmas last year! I need to use it more!!! It really does come in handy. Darlene
kmastin
on 1/3/07 2:41 am - Phoenix, AZ
I have one I use a lot also - it's great! However, it's hard to use with soups, as the machine doesn't seal well with a lot of liquid. So I portion my soups into quart sized freezer bags and freeze. Easy to take one out for a quick lunch. I just made a pot of navy beans and ham yesterday and froze 8 bags of it. You are correct about leftovers - I seem to always have something in the fridge that I need to'use up'. Freezing has saved a lot of food from going bad. Karen
mgamine
on 1/3/07 3:22 am - Mesa, AZ
My sister freezes soups and the like in a container then puts it into the vacuum seal bags. Lasts longer than just freezing and already frozen it works with the machine.
Nicole W.
on 1/3/07 7:01 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Where do you get one of these? How much?
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 1/4/07 12:19 am - Tucson, AZ
I saw one on QVC yesterday. Go online to www.qvc.com and do a search. I have wanted one of these for years and I now have a good reason to get one.
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 1/4/07 12:25 am - Tucson, AZ
It is called a "food saver" on QVC and is $149. The item # is K5493
Most Active