Yummy protein shake

M. clarke
on 12/31/06 8:48 am
p.s. That may just be another depends on your doctor thing on the Calcium Carbonate vs. Calcium Citrate thing too.
Nicole W.
on 12/30/06 5:08 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Nope, they didn't give me protein drink samples. Only thing they gave me was bandages for my drain areas. I bought one weeks work of the Isopure and after a week I couldn't stand it anymore, I have 2 bottles left, I should really return them. Ever since then I have been using the Worldwide Protein Shakes from Sprouts. They have 35grams of protein in a can and they don't taste so bad. When I had my stricture and spent the night in the hospital, the next day they gave me Myloplex Protein Drink... I found them at Sam's club, they have 43grams of protein. It's pretty good. But as all protein supplements, they don't taste the greatest. If you get in your 60grams of protein a day, you won't need the supplement.
M. clarke
on 12/30/06 7:55 am
Nicole are they milky?? The Worldwide Protein Shakes from Sprouts?
M. clarke
on 12/30/06 7:56 am
Meaning are they creamy? not sure milky was the right word.
Nicole W.
on 12/30/06 9:16 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Yes, they are creamy in consistency. The chocolate one is just like chocolate milk. Does those not agree with you very well? Profect.com has protein supplements that are just 3oz. I haven't tried them yet.
M. clarke
on 12/30/06 9:30 am
no the creamy ones didn't agree with me, but it has been a while since I have tired them so I might give them a try again. I'm really growing tired of the isopure. I got sick on the soup today Oops. LOL. Was enjoying it too much I guess. I say too much like that 1/8 of a cup we can try to eat is over doing it! Today I ate the inside of a grape out with a baby spoon. LOL. I never would have imagined myself working that hard for one grape. It sure was yummy though I ordered the sample packs of the profect. I drank one (the peach nector) and the rest are still in my refriderator. I think it would be one thing if you could just slam them down and be done with them, but I think they were pretty nasty. My boyfriend usually is good at eating or drinking anything I can't or won't. And even he thought these were pretty bad.
Nicole W.
on 12/30/06 9:43 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I have been loving Dill Pickles, the big ones you get from the deli. I have been eating and spitting out the skins... but it is so damn good! Try the soup again... baby steps, baby steps. Thats what i keep telling myself!
Ronda F.
on 1/2/07 12:23 pm - Willmar, MN
Melissa, The Peach Nectar Profect is just plain nasty-tasting!!! I thought it would be good and ordered a 24 pack of them. I have to sip them while breathing through my mouth so that I don't smell it, seems to make it easier to get down. They're too expensive not to use and with 24 grams of protein in one drink, well, I guess I can get it down like medicine then. The one flavor that is tasty (in a whey protein kind of way) is the Blue Raspberry Swirl, also the Grapefruit Mango is not too bad. I tried some other Citrus one that was tolerable but I didn't reorder it. I wish I would have ordered it instead of the Peach, though. Ronda
Felicia M.
on 1/1/07 1:38 pm - Middle of Nowhere, PA
Hi, I just had my surgery at Scottsdale Shea with Dr. Blackstone. Everything was great and I received excellent nursing care, but they do not provide protein samples. Stocking up in advance is a good idea. I cant seem to get those icky shakes down. I've got to keep trying and find something that works for me. Good luck, Felicia
dfavre
on 12/30/06 4:13 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Juanita, you can have crystal lite? I was told that I will have to stay away from those type of drinks because of the artificial sweetners. Is there a time frame to go by before you can have it again? -Dawn
Most Active