Yummy protein shake

juanita barela
on 12/29/06 4:44 am - Fort Huachuca, AZ
Just wanted to pass on a yummy protein shake I made. here's the recipe Orange crystalite Vanilla flavored Protein Ice Water Blend YUMMY!
JRinAZ
on 12/29/06 5:25 am - Layton, UT
Thanks for sharing Juanita! I get into the same old routine of "hot chocolate" protein drinks. ...... I LOVE your recipe. I've done similar but switched the ice for a couple of frozen strawberries or a shot of sugar free pineapple syrup! You have me all set to line up my protein drink recipes and get ready for the New Year as a LOSER!!!! I"m determined to ditch 20 pounds by my daughter's wedding in May! Huggggzzzz, Joyce
M. clarke
on 12/29/06 5:43 am
Juanita! Thank you. I have a huge container of vanilla protein i'm not using because I didn't like the flavor. Maybe this could be a way for me to use it.
Nicole W.
on 12/29/06 5:46 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Here's another good one... it's from Dr. Oz that is on Oprah. I have made it with frozen peaches and strawberries and the Soy Protein from Sprouts (24grams of Protein per scoop) 1 scoop (1/3 cup) Soy protein (like Natire's plus Spiru-Tein) 1/2 tablespoon flaxseed oil 1/4 cup frozen blueberries 1/2 large ripe banana (or other fruits of your choice) 1/2 tablespoon apple juice concentrate or honey 1 teaspoon Psyillium seed husks Peel banana; break into chunks. Put all ingredients in a blender. Add 12 ounces of water and ice, as well as powdered vitamins. Cover, blend until fairly smooth.
M. clarke
on 12/29/06 5:55 am
oooh thanks Nicole...i bet i could just use my ispure vanilla inplace of the soy in that receipe.. i bought a 3lb jug.. that recipe is great! Thanks!!!
pwrightt
on 12/29/06 10:03 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Now that I am home and have so many protein packets will start putting them to good use. These sound yummy
AZdove
on 12/30/06 3:43 am - Tolleson, AZ
Do you get free samples from the hospital when you are discharged? I am having surgery 2/7/07 at Scottsdale Healthcare Shea and want to know if I should buy some prior to the surgery or just use the samples to see what I like or can tolerate (if I receive any samples).
M. clarke
on 12/30/06 4:02 am
Ellen, I stocked up on the isopures before the surgery so I would have them; however after the surgery I only like 1 of the 3 i had. I had also bought some thicker strawberry shakes.. My pouch did not like creamy shakes. So be careful not to stock up to much on anything prior because you might find you don't like it afterwards, or they make you ill. Also I found what I didn't like one week after surgery I tried the next week and it was okay. You may find your chewable calciums are too sweet also depending on the type you get so careful on stocking up on those. I bought two large bottles of citrus ones thinking they would be a treat. LOL. They were yummy before surgery. So bitter sweet after surgery they made me cringe. Ended up having to get new ones. So I wasted lots of money trying to be overly prepared. I was at Shea. Only thing they sent me home was with extra bandages.
chrisaf
on 12/31/06 12:50 am - Kingman, AZ
I know what you mean. I bought 3 different kinds of protein drinks just the smallest containers and after surgery I could not stand them. I have tried several different ways to make the drinks but just cannot get them down. As for the calcium I bought 2 kinds of tums on was the regular kind that was some sort of mixed fruit punch or someting and the other was the sugar free and they are the best. 750mg of calcium per pill. It was actually hard trying to find samples or small single serving protein drinks. Makes it hard to try and find the best one. Christine
M. clarke
on 12/31/06 5:59 am
Christine, You need to make sure you are taking calcium citrate if you are RNY. The tums are Calcuim Carbonate. Our pouches won't absorb those. At least that is my understanding. Double check with your doctor, but that is what my doctor told me. Had to be calcium citrate. I take the tums for my tummy aches, but i have to take the calcium citrate to get the absorbtion of calcium I need. Have you tried the Cocoa and cream tums? They are yummy. Taste like hot chocolate.
Most Active