Happy Birthday on Jan 1 to me- surgery on Jan 3rd- need advice!

E. Parnell
on 12/30/06 2:43 am - Safford, AZ
My surgery is scheduled for Jan 3rd- just 2 days after my 29th birthday! I've been sick and am getting better. Just have an itchy throat and very minor mucus (have it all the time) that has to be "hacked up". Yeah- my husband calls me a guy sometimes. I'm going to try some honey, lemon, cayenne pepper and apple cider vinegar mixture today- hope it helps. I'm also taking zinc losenges 3-4 times a day. I'm so ready for this surgery- to start my new healthy life- but so scared too- that's normal though- right?!? Any advice will help!
ldeihl
on 12/30/06 5:51 am - Chandler, AZ
Erica, You are within the normal range of everyone who I have read about on this website and seen in person. Your emotions of being scared yet anxious then calm are okay. We all go thru them and get on with our daily chores that life throws at us. Sometimes it may feel like you are being overwhelmed but then a calm will come over you when you least expect it. I call it the high tide and low tide like the ocean waves, because that is what I went thru anyway. I was actually crying and laughing at the same time and my poor hubby did not know if he should laugh along with me or comfort me. Here I am 6 months later and 70 pounds lighter and you think I am grinning now. You betcha. I would do it all over again. By the way Happy birthday, mine is on the 11th( my 6month surgiversary). hugs, Lupe
Nicole W.
on 12/30/06 9:25 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Happy Birthday! Try some Mucinex DM for your congestion... prior to surgery that stuff worked so well for me! Also... its normal to be nervous! Good luck to you!
Most Active