thirsty

juanita barela
on 12/27/06 11:27 am - Fort Huachuca, AZ
I had my surgery Dec 5th and i've noticed Im thirsty all the time. I sip all day and the nights are the worst I wake up with my mouth so dry not even saliva. Anyone experience this? Does it go away Cotton mouth, juanita
Nicole W.
on 12/27/06 12:00 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
It's probably Ketosis and totally normal. I was constantly thirty also... just keep drinking. The more water the better! Congrats on your surgery!
Darlene X
on 12/27/06 11:16 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Yup, I had the same experience... I would wake up in the middle of the night, my mouth soooo dry I couldn't find any saliva... it does go away, it gets better as you go along and can drink more...
chrisaf
on 12/29/06 1:35 am - Kingman, AZ
Me too, especially since my recent surgery last week I never feel like I get enough fluid. Even though I sip all day too and probably have been drinking this time more than ever before it seems that the thirst is worse. I also feel like even though I take many drinks during the night its not enough. I am with you I hope it diminishes during time. Well have to take the advice of the experts above. LOL good luck Christine
M. clarke
on 12/29/06 5:31 am
I'm constantly thirsty. The 30 minutes before meals and after is killer for me. So bad sometimes I forgo the meal because i can't go that long without drinking. I have tried having an icecube here and there before and after the meal. It is better now that we can have fruit with the meal. That helps. I have that K...word.. LOL...the bad taste thing also. Anyone else miss straws? lol
chrisaf
on 12/31/06 1:03 am - Kingman, AZ
I have the same problem but I sometimes tend to go ahead and eat after drinking something which as most know makes me sick after I eat and then vomiting. The worst is after eating though. I sometimes just take a sip after a meal just to "wa**** down" and that does not always work either. I miss straws horribly but that is one thing that I have not tried. Christine
Nicole W.
on 12/31/06 2:30 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I miss straws too, after one of my strictures they gave me water with a straw, no problems. So about a week later I tried drinking water with a straw and all the water came up... it sucked because that is how I got in alot of my water pre-op, but now a big glass of ole and cold water is fine!
Most Active