Sick of animal protein-anybody have some tofu recipes????

KT300
on 12/28/06 2:51 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Hey there, Hope everyone had a great holiday season!! I'm about 8 weeks out and am gagging when I see animal protein, chicken, fish, tukey (especially)!!! I do ok with beans, yogurt and cheeses. Does anyone have any meal ideas for vegetarian sources of protein or tufu? I never thought I'd be a vegetarian, but this week, man it may happen. Also, people who are farther out, does your taste for these foods come back? Chewing the stuff to death doesn't help in terms of making it appetizing. Thanks as always for your input!! Katie
AZdove
on 12/28/06 8:17 pm - Tolleson, AZ
My friend had the surgery at the beginning of last year. She said she went through periods where even the smell of meat cooking would cause her to gag. She took to eating soup, all kinds of soup. She said that soup for one was her best friend for a long time and when she is experiencing tummy upsets now she reverts back to her soup diet. She did say that on occasion she would have to puree the soup because she was amazed at how large some of the bites of meat and veggies were within the soup. She said she also fell in love with Hormel Vegetarian Chili in a can...the HOT flavour! She is down 140 pounds now and does not even sound let alone look like the same person!
JRinAZ
on 12/29/06 12:30 am - Layton, UT
Hey Katie, Hang in there. I was a chocoholic pre-surgery and (gasp) couldn't even stand the idea of chocolate after my Rny!!! Believe me.... your tastes do return (heavy sigh) cuz chocolate is now the evil monster that I fight after 4 years post surgery. It is going to die a gruesome death however as I am sweeping all Holiday remnants of the evil thing straight into the garbage dumster AND it will now be on my list of addictive drugs that I must never ever have again! That's a long way of saying that you'll be able to have and want about everything. Beward of the stage that you are currently in. It becomes easy to do the "ho hum" diet of comfort sliders. Push some spice into your life and mix it up. It's easier to stay with healthy eating for a longer run if you have FLAVOR!!!! ...... Try some hot sauce on your refried beans. Try a cup of Boston Market's chicken tortilla soup whirled through the blender. The spices will awaken your system and I swaer you'll drop 5 pounds just sweating it off! LOL! Does Wendy's chili work for you? It's low in calories and high in protein and complex carb. This phase will pass...........and in the meantime you'll be melting, melting, melting away! *winks* Big Huggggzzzz, Joyce
KT300
on 1/4/07 2:26 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Thanks Ladies!!! Bought a bunch of soups!! Can't have carbs or meat yet, but bought some Turkey Chili and lots of bean soups! It has helped! Thanks again, Katie ; -)
Most Active