Came home today

(deactivated member)
on 12/24/06 9:18 am - AZ
Hello everyone and a Merry Christmas to all of you. Well everything went well during the surgery. I did have some problems last night being nauseated, but that is gone now. I had Randy perscribe me pills instead of the liquid, and some Phenegren suppositories for the quesiness. Glad to be home, much more relaxed here. I do have a few questions. How long does the pain last? How long does the head hunger thing last? I am not hungry but am craving foods. I will eat solid foods on 12-27 SO pretty much thats about all the issues I am haveing, oh also gain 10 lbs of water weight. But they said it would come off so I'll be happy about that. So everyone have a nice Christmas and god bless.... Erin
pwrightt
on 12/24/06 10:08 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Welcome home Erin. I know its a great feeling to get out of the hospital and home. I cannot answer your questions, since my surgery is Wednesday, but I do want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and welcome home.
sgirl
on 12/24/06 11:10 am - tucson, AZ
Congrats on a successful surgery. I am 7 months post op. I remember seeing commercials on t.v. that didn't bother me before, and really get head hunger bad. But that passed for me within the second week. I was in pain for a good month, but remember everyone is different. Who was your doctor and what type of surgery didi you have? Well talk to you soon, have a good night. s
Susanbs4
on 12/24/06 11:58 am
Welcome home....and Merry Christmas. What a wonderful way to start the new year.... Not sure what type of surgery you had but I had Lap RNY by Dr. Blackstone in Sept. I too had incredible nausea but it was gone before I left the hospital. I took one dose of pain medication the first night home to help me sleep but....after that ..nothing. I found once I got walking routinely, I passed all the gas that was causing the discomfort and felt great. Head hunger was bad the first week...all the food commercials drove me crazy but my sense of smell was very heightened so actual food cooking etc was a turn off. It gets better as you add different foods to your diet. I found some things I liked before the procedure, I don't like now. The extra fluid from the hopsital comes off quickly ( at least it did for me).... Good luck on your journey... I am a little over 3 mths and down 60lbs.
M. clarke
on 12/26/06 5:05 am
HI Erin and congrats! My surgery was November 6th. As of December 6th i was down 40 pounds. I don't own scales so i don't know how much i have lost since then. The water weight should come right off. I lost the water weight plus another 20 on my first check up. i didn't do well with the liquid pain medication either. i was on liquids for a week following my surgery before my post op class. As far as head hunger it is different for everyone i was starting to feel it toward the second week and it reoccures each time i see a pizza commercial. Although it is getting better Real hunger i don't think i started to feel until around the 2nd month. Pain. I felt A LOT of shoulder pain especially when doing my walking for the first week to week and a half. I don't think i turned off my heating pad the entire time. As fas as abdominal the worst was over in the first week. Each day was 100% better then the day before. However sleeping was uncomfortable for several weeks. It will pass though. Hang in there. Great luck tommorrow!
kelliea
on 12/26/06 11:19 am - LUTZ, FL
My pain lasted 6 weeks the head hunger was around for 6 months. Now it is gone but returns when I am bored. I make a point to stay busy.Best wishes.
(deactivated member)
on 12/26/06 12:31 pm - avondale, AZ
Welcome Home Erin. It must be a great feeling to be on the losing side. Hope all goes well with your solids tomorrow. I can't wait to get to the other side... 1-12-07!! Hope you had a wonderful holiday. Danielle
Nicole W.
on 12/26/06 1:10 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Erin, Glad to hear your surgery went very well! I really didn't have much pain... I only took 4 doses of the liquid vicodin when I got home. After the first week or so, I started to feel the pain that the large left incision... feels like a pulling. They say that is normal for about a month or two. My head hunger kicked in around day 5 or 6... it lasted about a week for me. Now, I just keep remembering that I can eat everything again. I even had a piece of wheat toast over the weekend with my breakfast and popcorn!!! (a no-no right now, but I wanted it and I wanted to treat myself and I did fine with it!) Things will get SO much better tomorrow when you can eat eggs, chicken, turkey and all... My water weight came off once I started walking when I was home. I hope everything else is going good for you... There are tons of Dr. B's patients on here, so we all know about the how sucky the food menu is going to be for the next few weeks! Let me know if you need ANYTHING!!! ~Nicole
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/06 7:09 am - AZ
Thank you everyone for all the support!!! I really, really apprciate it. I have another question but I will do another post... Thank you again for all of replies... Erin
Most Active