WLS Consult Question

swb2k2
on 12/22/06 12:39 pm - AZ
Hey thanks for all the help with starting my process for WLS. I have another question. Looks like I will have to do the supervised diets for the next 6 mtnhs and I have already schedule myself for a seminar Jan 9th 200. Would it still be possible to the have the consultation and schedule all the evals needed with the only thing still needed is the 6mnth medically supervised WL documentation and letter of necessity? I'm not sure if there is particular procedure you have to follow. Please let me know thanks for all the info you all have provided so far.
JRinAZ
on 12/23/06 4:07 am - Layton, UT
Sunny, Whoever is handling your insurance submittance for you (your surgeon's Bariatric staff person) will submit it all at once at the end of your 6 months of Med supervised diet.... It doesn't matter what order you do any of it. The psych eval sometimes takes a while to set up and a while to get the results back to your surgeon so I always suggest tackling that at the beginning of the process. Next get your letter of med necessity from your pcp and at the same time that you're at the doc's office (1st month diet attempt, letter and medical records all in the same visit)....request your medical records. Any other testing as required can be done within the 6 months at any time. But.....lab work and an updated H & P (done by your surgeon) will need to happen in the 6th month. In fact, most require labs the day before surgery. Good luck Sunny and Merry Christmas! Joyce
Most Active