You don't have to be over 50

ruthdebra
on 12/20/06 1:23 am - Palm Springs, CA
Hello my friends -Good news for procrastinators - An extension has been granted by the hotel andI am told by the hotel that we have until Dec. 29 to get the room rate of $95/night - then it goes up to $149/night. And there are still some very good air fares out there I've been very out of touch since my shoulder surgery and am still typing with one hand. So please forgive me. I thought it was time to tell you again about our wonderful women-only get together in San Diego and ask for some feedback. This is open to all over-fifties members - pre-op and post. Last year we had quite a mix. Also - some of the airlines are having sales so it might be a good time to book a flight. The dates are January 4-8 (actually the weekend of the 6-7 but most of us will make it a long weekend.) The hotel is the Hanalei Hotel (a Red Lion) in San Diego. Rates are $95/night - very reasonable for San Diego - even more reasonable for those sharing a room. You can reserve at 1-800-882-0858 and ask for the Over Fifties Forum rate or online, go to www.hanaleihotel.com - go to Reservations - then Group Reservations and enter OFF2007 as the group code. The hotel is going to start updating me regularly now as to how many reservations there are. Sherry and I will be there on Thursday - early evening - and will be very willing to do some airport runs as the hotel does not have a shuttle. So - we will have a 7 seat minivan and there will probably be a couple of other vehicles. Some of the things we are planning: talking - laughing - talking, etc. San Diego Zoo Tijuana shopping expedition Wild Animal Park Sea World dancing Old Town walking talking fun!!!! etc.... For anyone with physical limitations there will be no problem and plenty that you can do. Or if you just want to hang at the hotel, it's quite lovely. Very Hawaiian. Would like to know if anyone is interested in having a really fabulous bariatric nurse do a more formal support group/info/questions session or would we rather be totally social? Leslie had wls about 13 years ago and in my opinion is much better informed than just about anyone I know. She's not quite 50 but I adore her anyway. And maybe if everyone wants, we can have Monica Ganz from OH join us at least for a bit. If these things are not of interest to you, please let us know. If you have any questions, please let me know. I would like to have a count of those definitely coming. Even if you live in San Diego and will be joining us for some of the activities. I know some of you have confirmed and have tickets, etc... We had a wonderful time in Atlanta last January - it was cold and we just didn't care. If you haven't met your sisters in person, this is a terrific opportunity. Hugs and love to all Ruth
Most Active