restriction

maggie46
on 12/19/06 8:54 pm
I just had my first fill yesterday (2 cc) and still feel no restriction. Anyone else experience this?
JRinAZ
on 12/20/06 5:35 am - Layton, UT
Susie, You're probably still on liquids following the fill, right? ..... The plan with having a great fill is to see how little you can be satisfied with and not how much you can get away with til you're hurting. It could be that you need adjusted still. We have many patients come in for 3 days in a row til they get the fill that is just perfect for them. That's the amazing part of having an "adjustable band". ..... Did you call your doc to see what he/she suggested? Hang in there! I know that bandsters are crazy happy when all is well with their band adjustment! Hugggggzzz, Joyce
maggie46
on 12/20/06 6:16 am
Thanks, Joyce.....Your reply makes sense. I have been thinking I would feel really full really easily and I just don't. But, I have lost 20 pounds in the six weeks since my surgery without feeling deprived, so something is working. There is just simply no discomfort whatsoever and I thought I'd notice a difference following the fill. Thanks again, and Happy Holidays! Susie
susancas
on 1/8/07 4:26 am - Peoria, AZ
Hi Susie - i think i am in the same boat as you. I am 6 weeks out from surgery and have lost 27.5 lbs, and in just the past 2 weeks, i no longer feel any restriction. Went in today for my first fill ( 1 cc) and Dr Juarez said that is what generally happens - you lose weight and your stomach loses too, and so the band is looser. My problem is that unless I exercise (walking, etc) i don't lose weight, so i have to get off my ass and walk every day!!! The Dr says i am losing weight at a fine pace, but of course i want it to be faster Dr Juarez office doesn't do much in the way of support, so I really didn't know what to expect after my 1st fill. thanks to Joyce for your tips! Sue
Most Active