Interested in WLS

JRinAZ
on 12/20/06 5:19 am - Layton, UT
Hey Sunny, We have had patients get approval through Humana. Some insurances are a tad bit different though and not all require the exact same things. The standard is 6 months physician supervised diet with nutritiion and exercise counseling, pysch eval, letter of medical necessity from pcp, and 3 years medical records. They allow a BMI as low as 35 if there are 2 co-moribidities but 40 or higher is the standard. It sounds like you've already done your homework and are ready to get started on the process! If you're still surgeon shopping and are considering a Lap Band vs the Rny then I can recommend 2 Humana "friendly" surgeons. I work for Dr. Simpson and will be having him band me in a few weeks. He's loved by his patients for his skill but also his incredible aftercare. ....and My hubby had Dr. Fang who also take Humana. My "opinion" is that Fang post-ops have been extremely successful (up to 4 years post-op); which leads me to believe that he is aggressive in surgery and might discect more limb than some surgeons. Good luck and kudos to you for doing research! Joyce
Most Active