Hair Loss ??

CINABOBINA
on 12/11/06 12:23 am
So can anyone tell me When I can expect some hair to grow back ?? I am doing all the " right things" watching my protein levels , taking Biotin tablets, lots of "B" vitamins + using Nioxin Shampoo, conditioner & style products .. and I can see is more hair in my Comb & Brush !! My hair is fine and thin as it is .. I am almost bald at this point! Anyone know where I can find a good wig ?? If your looking for me at the Holiday Parties I will be the lady with a shiny Head !!! Anyone have any other suggestions ?
Darlene X
on 12/11/06 1:15 am - Maricopa, AZ
Mine is finally growing back in, and im not quite 9 months out.... Im still losing, but I have lots of fluff growing in....
Arizona_Sun
on 12/11/06 1:16 am - Gilbert, AZ
How are your zinc levels? Low zinc levels can also result in hair loss. The maximum recommended daily dose is no more than 100 mg because too much can suppress the immune system. If you are a gastric bypass post-op this amount might be too low because of our malabsorption, however it is best to monitor via lab work and adjust dosages accordingly. You might want to talk to your doctor about making sure of what your levels are. I have been having more hair loss of late and I know my zinc levels have dropped and I am upping my daily dose to 100 mg and will see what the labs say and will retest in 3 months. Sandy
JRinAZ
on 12/11/06 3:56 am - Layton, UT
Hey there cute friend, I'm sure your hair is just fighting to come back out any day now. You're about at the same stage as I was when I had a thousand little fuzzies coming through all over the place. .....But, til it returns, consider having your hair highlighted. The product actually makes your hair coursen up a bit for more body and the lighter strands do not let that shiny head glow through like dark hair does. And...headbands are back in so how about getting a cute black headband with a little hair piece? .....I had my long locks completely cut to a layered hair style to allow for the fuzzies to catch up. The good news is that you can look forward to a healthy head of hair before long; especially since you are diligent with your supplements! Weigh 2 go!!!!......My hair is much thicker now than as a pre-op. My stylist friend thinks I should be cutting back on the biotin! ......uh, NO WAY!!!! See yoiu tomorrow night! Joyce
sgirl
on 12/12/06 8:17 am - tucson, AZ
Hello Jean, I tried Nioxin, didn't work. I tried Biotin, didn't work. BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today, I got my hair trimmed and colored with blonde highlights and it REALLY hides the thinning. Honestly. I almost cried when I left the salon. After all the products, all I needed was a little maintenance and enhancements. Try it, you'll love it. sally
JRinAZ
on 12/12/06 1:03 pm - Layton, UT
Yay Sally! I"m sooooo glad you are liking your hair again! LOL! You are the cutest little thing already! How did your sister's wedding go? Did you "wow" everyone? Joyce
Most Active