News on Barix?

JRinAZ
on 12/7/06 2:43 am - Layton, UT
I just heard that Barix has closed their doors. Any patients know if that's a rumor or not? One of our Chandler buds just had surgery there like days ago so it might be wrong info. ......It's hard to keep up with who is new and great and who is gone and used to be great and who is still here, great but really backed up! LOL! We need a list! Joyce
Arizona_Sun
on 12/8/06 12:54 am - Gilbert, AZ
Joyce, I called their customer relations department and YES they have closed in Arizona. She said that a letter was going out to patients by the end of the year. Also, she said that she believed that their patients were being referred to a Dr. Simon. I have no idea who he is. Really nice of them to provide good and timely feedback to post-ops who have had surgery more recently. I am three years out today so this does not affect me all that much. Sandy
vquigley
on 12/8/06 11:11 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi everyone, I believe that the Dr. Simon that is referred to by Barix is Dr. Steve Simon who is located on 3rd Street and Osborn. He and Dr. Newhoff were partners. Dr. Newhoff is retiring the end of December. Dr. Simon is also taking over Dr. Newhoff's patients. Sounds like he is going to be a busy man. . . Virginia
pwrightt
on 12/8/06 12:13 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
What surprises me so much about this closing is that they were calling me about twice a week to make an appointment about a month ago. It would have been so disappointing to make an appointment and start the process and then gone. Just another reason this board is so good. Its a great way to pass on information.
toleary
on 12/14/06 2:52 am - AZ
Joyce, This is true the Dr that we were referred to is Dr. STEVEN SIMON, 333 E. OSBORN RD. SUITE 355, PHOENIX, AZ. 85012. PH# 602-264-0910 Some of the women from the support group got together about 2 weeks ago brainstorming what we were going to do for support, we met at one of the ladies homes in Chandler that won't work for me I work downtown and by the time I got there in the rush hour traffice I was about an hour late, we decided we were going to disburse I have a friend at work that goes to the Mayo support group on 1 Saturday a month so I am going to start joining her. I suggested to the others that they check out your group, I still need to e-mail them your info or maybe the west side group. Thank you so much for your concern, it was a major let down for me I so wanted to see my Dr for my one year check up and show him that I made it, I am at my goal ....and thank him..oh well HAVE AGREAT WEEK TORI
Most Active