surgoon needed fast!

Shana M.
on 12/7/06 1:11 am - Queen Creek, AZ
I have moved here from Indiana. I had an awesome doctor there and am having a hard time finding a doctor here. I have AHCCS right now until hubbies insure goes through but cannot find anyone to take me. I am having some problems and need to be seen but nobody seems to want to hear it. I am scared that before someone believes me I will be really messed up. My PCP, has seen me and he says he is unsure as he is very unfamiliar with GB as he has only been out of school a year or so! I cannot wait for our private insureance to go through. Any suggestions would be great! Oh yea I had RNY on 2-1-06 so AHCCS is just covering follow ups not the acutal surgery! Thank you in advance for all help!
horizontallychallenged
on 12/7/06 5:25 am
I don't know if they take AHCCS, but if you would like to call, maybe they can refer you to someone that does (if they don't). Hilario Juarez M.D. Daniel Fang M.D. 525 N 18th Street,Suite 306 Phoenix, AZ 85006 Phone: (602) 252-1510 Fax: (602) 256-9488
Cyndi W.
on 12/7/06 7:35 am - Gold Canyon, AZ
At the time I was on AHCCSS and did see Dr. Juarez not for my surgery but it was that initial consultation - and they do or did accept that insuranc e- he was a very busy man so hopefully you can go see him - if not one of the baner hospitals has bariatric and so does st lukes so if you have to go the ER I would go to tone there so at least if it is a problem with surgery you can request to see if there is a weigh loss MD on board somewhere?
AzTexGirl
on 12/11/06 1:31 pm
You may have found a surgeon by now. If not, I highly recommend Dr. Terry Simpson. He is very responsive and can be reached via email at [email protected] (this email address is also posted on his website, www.drsimpson.com). I don't know if he takes AHCCCS/post-op patients from out of state, or not. But, I believe he will at least give you some direction or a referral. Please let us know what happens in your search.
soon2bnewme
on 12/12/06 4:36 am - Chandler, AZ
I agree with you about Dr. Terry Simpson. I first went to him three years ago about a hernia to be repaired which he'll do this next summer hopefully. And this last August I had the lapband put in. He's a skilled surgeon who's performed awesome work and cares more for his patients then any other doctor I've ever seen. He used to do Deuodenal switch (sp?) and he's done many other typed of surgeries. Give his office a call and they can direct you on how he can help you. 602-234-8995 is the number. He's out in Phoenix but he has people who drive from all over Arizona to go to him he's well worth the drive. Renee
Most Active