moving to az

seamore
on 12/5/06 7:59 am - orlando, fl
Hi, We are thinking of moving to az or orlando fl. Can you please tell me a little bit about az, like phoenix, tuscon area or bukeye area. How is the traffic??????????????? is there alot to do there?? we are comming to visit on christmas.
horizontallychallenged
on 12/6/06 2:05 am
Depending on where you are coming from, it might be a drastic chance. Tucson, Phoenix and Buckeye are almost the hottest places here, Bullhead takes that button. They are extremely dry, no humidity or rain for months and the traffic can be pretty thick through the main areas of the cities. If you are looking for a mountainous region you might like Flagstaff, Prescott or Pinetop areas where they get some rain, you have vegetation and it's more humid. In the higher elevations (5200' and above) you'll see monsoon type rains during the summer - 90 degree days and about 2:00 it rains cooling it down to 70's. Phoenix, Tucson, Buckeye areas get a lot of dust storms during monsoons, but little rain the majority of the time. I would look on the internet, the areas of Arizona can be so different from one place to another just by driving 100 miles. As far as what to do ... we're a gigantic western state, you can do anything from ride horses and bulls to slide down the waterpark slides. Your town of choice will definately depend upon what you are looking for, we still have some pretty "rugged" cowboy towns. It's the most unique and beautiful state, you get it all ... except the water. It is the opposite of Florida, I'll tell ya that!
soon2bnewme
on 12/7/06 5:06 am - Chandler, AZ
Well, I was born in Arizona and live here all my life. I have to say that it's an awesome state to live in. Yes it gets hot in the summer but you don't have the humidity like Florida. Monsoons aren't terrible we actually think they're kinda cool to watch and they don't last long. I don't know what you meant by a huge western state because I don't do western stuff and haven't notice stuff like that here. You can drive like the last person said to all different climates and scenery. That's the beauty of Arizona. You can take a drive up north to snow and drive south and enjoy a nice picnic. My parents live in Payson and it's only 1 1/2 hours away from us. It gets some snow and it's beautiful to camp in the summer time. It doesn't get much rain and that's one thing that my husband misses from PA but I don't mind. Nothing's nicer then swimming and wearing shorts for 3/4 of the year. I don't even own a huge winter jacket. Many gyms have heated pools outside that you can swim in all year long. My children play year round sports outside and we don't have to worry about snow and bad humidity or getting rained out all the time. I do have to say that traffic has gotten pretty congested on the freeways but I work out of my house so I don't have to worry about that much. I think the best thing to do is move within a safe distance from where you work. I live in Chandler and I wouldn't get a job in Glendale or Buckeye. I hope this helps you on your decision. I know nothing else but Arizona but I've visited many different states. I love the green from the northern states but I wouldn't change my beautiful Winters here. Take care, Renee'
horizontallychallenged
on 12/7/06 5:47 am
I'm from here too, maybe we're related, LOL I agree, Arizona is very unique. My family was in the Cavalry when Prescott was the State Capital, I also was born and raised here, more specifically, I was raised in CAMP VERDE, a very western little town. Yupperee, I fell off of more horses than my husband ever touched, he's from Illinois. LOL What I meant by western, it's desert, cacti (sat in lots of them), dry, gila monsters & horny toads (had them both for pets), tumble weeds (sold them on ebay) ... desert in most of the areas. Nothing like Florida or Illinois for that matter. Arizonians (whatever they call us) know what it means to be BRANDED by the seatbelt hook! WOOHOO, but I couldn't recommend a more down-to-earth place to raise your family.
soon2bnewme
on 12/7/06 12:09 pm - Chandler, AZ
I totally agree with you there. And now it makes sense about western since you grew up in camp verde. That's a cool place. And your right about the cacti. I used to go camping and we would spend all weekend catching horny toads. I love those little critters. Your hilarious about the seatbelt. It's downright dangerous for little kids in the summertime if you don't cover that seat up. Have a great evening. Renee'
Most Active