Gas anyone?

DeliaC
on 12/3/06 10:01 am
I had my surgery ( open RNY) 8 days ago and recently have been having lots and lots of gas pains. I do not mind the flatulance thing but, it does nto seem to be moving ( except in my abdomen) any suggestions on what to do? I cannot have any pills yet.
Carina A.
on 12/4/06 12:31 am - Pittston, ME
Make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids. I had my lap rny 8/29/06, and I remember that feeling very well, I narrowed it down to milk products... before surgery I never had a problem with dairy. But after the surgery I had terrible gas pains and noticed it was after any dairy, so I switched my milk to lactose free , fat free milk. what a difference. hope this helps carina
carolem
on 12/4/06 2:11 am - Austin , TX
My husband had a lot of gas, both in the hospital and at first when he was home. He had lap-band on Nov. 6th. He's not to have any milk products at all, so I was surprised at one of your other posts. He was on clear liquids the first 4 days, then he could add in some real food, like sliced turkey, chicken, cottage cheese, but not milk. With all the water, 64 ounces every day, and walking quite often, the gas goes away. He said in the hospital he was really surprised at the upper body gas he experienced, but it's because when they do things laproscopic they need to fill you with gas and saline to do the surgery with the instruments. It's a minor inconvenience that goes away. Good luck with the journey to a new and healthier you! CaroleM
tweet-tweet
on 12/4/06 2:44 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 03/17/14
I know you said that you can't have any pills... but they do make a chewable Gas-X. Perhaps that would work?
soon2bnewme
on 12/12/06 6:21 am - Chandler, AZ
I used mylacon (sp?) and it's sold in the baby department. It's safe for babies and adults it works great on also. I love that stuff and you only need a few drops. Renee'
Most Active