Does anyone know of a good Doc?

billiejeandu
on 12/2/06 6:37 pm
Does anyone know of a good doctor on the southside of tucson? I am not from AZ so i really don't know my way around Tucson. I pretty much stick to the southside lol. I need to find one who is understanding about weight issues and is pro WLS. Billie Jean
Chaplain
on 12/2/06 11:11 pm - Panama City, FL
Hi, I live in Yuma, Arizona anwent to San Diego. My doctor is Doctor Miltion Owens 1-888-527-5222. He is really a caring and throughtful doctor. He even gave me is business card and told me to call his personal cell phone. Now how many doctors do that. The Avarado Hospital has a ward just for people who had the sugery. They are also caring and well train to handle our situations. I tried finding a doctor here in Arizona, but felt so much more comfortable with Dr. Owens. Good Luck on your journey. -Bill-
pwrightt
on 12/3/06 1:30 am - PHOENIX, AZ
HI Billie: When I first started my journey I too wanted a doctor that was close by. But as you are finding out insurance has a lot to say about this. My doctor is almost an hour away and the traffic is horrible. But as you know weight surgery has risk and you need to find the most confidenet doctor for you. I think you may find that its not the drive time but finding the right doctor. First find one that is approved by your insurance company. I see a post by Juanita and she's in the Tucson area. I can't remember who her doctor is but you might want to check that out. Research all of them. You can do that on the message board. Good luck on your journey.
Chaplain
on 12/3/06 5:29 am - Panama City, FL
I agree with you Pam. Insurance does dictate a lot of where you can and cannot go. Also finding the right doctor in which you can feel comfortable with is also an important factor. When I went to San Diego I had to stay in a hotel for a few days just to make sure everything went well with my surgery. However, my insurance not only paid for everything except a $12.00 co-pay to my doctor and a $50.00 co-pay to the hospital, but also gave me $1,000.00 dollars to cover my travel and hotel expense.
juanita barela
on 12/3/06 2:59 am - Fort Huachuca, AZ
I am having surgery on Tuesday at St. Joseph in Tucson. My doctor is Monte Schwartz he and is team are very informative and make sure all your questions and concerns are addressed. He takes most insurances and the best part is I got in to see him quickly.
billiejeandu
on 12/3/06 12:15 pm
Thank you all for the replies. What i am looking for is a doctor who is weight friendly so i can get the 6 month supervised diet underway. Can i go to a WLS doctor for this or do i need to go to another doctor? Billie Jean
ChrisOR520
on 12/3/06 1:19 pm - Tucson, AZ
Karen the program cordinator for Dr Schwartz refered me to a Dr @ Camp Lowell Medical specialts Dr Lieberman. She said he is very suportative of the weightloss surgery
Arizcurl
on 12/5/06 9:19 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi, I lived on the southside all my life till i was 18, Then i got married and moved to the east side I'm 59,but me and all of my girlfreinds have gone to Dr Kwasman for weight loss. My freinds still go to him after 30 yrs. His office is on Ajo I had a gastric By pass 15 months ago and 110 pounds latter I'm at my goal. Dr Juarez is my Dr he is in Phoenix Tempe St Lukes Hospital. He is a great Dr have you been to a seminar? Good luck Carol
Most Active