Transportation

msnd67
on 12/4/06 3:04 am - Gilbert, AZ
Hello, I'm having surgery on Dec. 20th at St. Luke's and I live in Gilbert. Can anyone tell me if there is some type of transportation service that can take me to and from the hospital? I don't have anyone that can bring me or pick me up. The only relatives I have here are going to be gone at that time and I hate to ask people at work. Any ideas? I called my insurance company and they don't cover much as far as transportation. Any ideas would be appreciated.
JRinAZ
on 12/4/06 3:43 am - Layton, UT
Sandi, I would be happy to either drop you off or pick you up. Maybe someone else from the East Valley could volunteer to do one or the other as well. You can shoot me an e-mail if you need my help at [email protected] Joyce
Darlene X
on 12/4/06 3:46 am - Maricopa, AZ
Sandi, I would volunteer in a second, but I will be in Utah that week Im sure we can find someone to help you out!!! Are you coming to our Chandler support group Christmas party at Gil's house next week?? Maybe we can find someone there! Darlene
carolem
on 12/4/06 7:08 am - Austin , TX
I 'll be in Austin Texas that week, but if you need any help after the 27th please feel free to call upon me. I live in Southeast Gilbert near Chandler Heights and Higley. My husband had surgery Nov. 6th and I will be having mine Jan 26th. I'll send you a private message with contact #'s. CaroleM
moirap
on 12/4/06 1:32 pm - Mesa, AZ
What is the pick up and drop off times do you think. I work M-F 8-5 Let me know..Moira P
CINABOBINA
on 12/4/06 9:43 pm
Sandi Let me know if you need a ride I live in Mesa and work about 3 miles from the hospital. & I go into work real early if you need to be there early.
msnd67
on 12/6/06 2:00 am - Gilbert, AZ
Thanks everyone! I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am, I know that is really early for some and leaving from Gilbert would have to be about 4:30 or so. Not sure when I will get out, they have told me 2-3 days?
Cyndi W.
on 12/7/06 7:45 am - Gold Canyon, AZ
HI i am currently not working and would not mind taking you to the hospital - I know you don't know me but I hav elived in AZ all my life and I promise I don;t bite LOL I post a lot on teh lapband forum - and came over here to check things out locally- but the 20th wouldn't be a problem - and a pick up afew days later I really don;t think would be a problem either jsut let me know - CYNDI
msnd67
on 12/7/06 11:44 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Cyndi, Thanks for replying, are you sure it wouldn't be a problem? How far are you from Gilbert? I feel so bad asking for a ride but the only relatives I have in AZ is a niece and they are taking a cruise at that time, and my Mom doesn't drive. So I'm kind of stuck. I'm not comfortable asking people from work so.... My work phone number is 480-827-7217 and I work till 3:30 pm my home number is 480-636-7450. If you still think you could help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks Sandi Do you ever go to any of the support groups?
Most Active