CLOTHES

Cyndi W.
on 12/2/06 9:03 am - Gold Canyon, AZ
I was just wondering a while back there was a clothing exchange that was being offered by the group that met at the old mesa lutheren hospital on Brown and Mesa Drive- I believe that the clothes may have been donated due to the upkeep of the closet was being maintained by a member and it was a lot of work - is there another one or did someone take that closet over? I do have some clothes and need some clothes - can anyone help? I have clothes that are a size 24-26 ....just let me know ----
Susanbs4
on 12/2/06 11:03 am
snowbrdbabe Lewiston, ME Gregory J. D'Augustine M.D. RNY (04/12/05) Member Since: 11/22/04 [Latest Posts] Post Date: 11/30/06 5:16 pm I feel weird asking for help on here... makes me feel bad, but i am on a low budget and all my clothes are just too big. i have like 2 things that fit.. and i was wondering if anyone could help me with some clothes, sizes 20 to 24.. and i could pay for shipping charges... I tried the salvation army but they dont have those sizes, and we dont have a clothing exchange or anything.. so if anyone could help let me know From the main board......
carolem
on 12/4/06 1:44 am - Austin , TX
I probably have enough clothes for at least 1 or 2 people losing weight. The sizes are 20, or 3X in most cases. My surgery is in January but I just lost 10 lbs for my prior to surgery weight loss we were asked to do. What are you looking for specifically, I'll go look in my closet. I probably have a lot of work clothes, they are a little smaller and haven't been worn in about 2 years. I plan to move in the spring so I'm going to do a big clean out of 3 closets. Tell me what you need? Where would I be shipping things to? CaroleM
Cyndi W.
on 12/7/06 7:50 am - Gold Canyon, AZ
Carole I actually live not to far from you --LOL so no shipping would be involved- would love to meet with you - I am currently unemployed but plan on returning to work and would like to look more business casual -no jeans but nice slacks blouses - I really don;t know what size I am at this time - but to just try things on and see if they fit would be great - let me know ---I can come over usually at the drop of a pin but scheduling would be better--- I also would like to pay a small amount or whatever you may be asking I don't mind free but I can just as easily through things in a garage sale and get money for it - so can you - so I really do appreciate any goods at this time that don;t require store to store shopping and teh dressing room atmosphere - LOL
carolem
on 12/8/06 2:52 am - Austin , TX
Hi Cyndi, Sounds good to me. I'm sending off this weekend a box of clothes to the girl in Maine, but she's more at home and very casual, so I have lots of work casual and some 2 piece skirts with tops. I have no idea where Gold Canyon is, but we could meet first in Chandler (off the 101 and Ray near the Chandler Mall) maybe go to lunch, and I could tell if my clothes will fit you. Then if you can make the trip out to my house in Gilbert, I live in Seville off Higley and Chandler Heights, you can go through a closet of mine to see what will work. Probably best to do this on a weekend as I have limited time during the week since I'm working full time. I'm sure I have a few work casual clothes, they are all sizes, some will be 1X, 2X and 3X. We are moving to Austin within the next 6 months and I only want to keep a few of the things I have now and wan to start over. I've been hanging on to clothes that are smaller way to long because they are good clothes, but frankly are a little young for me now. I also do not have to dress up for work as much as I did in California working with builder's. So, maybe next week would be good. Like Wednesday or Tuesday even. Are you going to the dinner next Thursday evening in Phoenix. I may not be able to go, not sure yet. Anyway, let me know. I would be glad to get rid of this stuff and know someone can use these clothes. I agree about the shopping, nothing more depressing. Carole
Most Active