shopping at Sears

Judy F.
on 12/1/06 1:40 pm - Sierra Vista, AZ
For the first time in as long as I can remember, I was able to shop in the regular sized section at Sears and not the "Women's (plus) sizes last week. I can wear an XL now. I was standing in the store crying because I never thought I would be able to do that. Unless someone has been in that situation, they can't get how big that is. My husband thought I was crazy..lol, but it was such an amazing experience. I started out in a size 3x or 28. I am buying tops and dresses that are XL. I can get into a size 16 (although a little snug) skirt that doesn't have an elastic waist. I started out not even owning a pair of "real" jeans. I had denim pants with an all elastic waist. Now I can get into a size 20 in jeans (almost an 18). It's so amazing. If someone had told me a year ago I would be buying these sizes, I would have laughed at them. And look at me now.
chrisaf
on 12/1/06 2:00 pm - Kingman, AZ
Good for you!!!! How great that must feel. It is really inspirational to hear stories like this because I am only 3 weeks out and at times wondering if I did the right thing and if I will ever feel better but when I hear good stories like this it makes me feel good. I am a 28 also and I could hardly buy cloths at most stores Mervyns, Sears, JC Penny because there 3x was "made smaller" than stores like Lane Bryant. It is nice to hear stories like yours. I have to say its not only the shopping that I am anticipating but I cant wait for the day that I can cross my legs like other thinner people. Anyway Congrats!!!! Christine
Judy F.
on 12/1/06 2:38 pm - Sierra Vista, AZ
Hi Christine, I remember 3 weeks to about 5 weeks being really rough for me. Everything I ate made me sick. I found out that this was pretty normal at that stage and would clear up before the two month mark and it did. I was continually questioning what I had done to myself during that time frame. LOL. The leg crossing will come and you probably won't be aware of it. I was sitting in church one day and looked down and..my legs were crossed. One thing I find interesting is that I can lay flat on the bed or floor with my legs crossed and be able to touch the bed (or floor) with the foot that is top. I could never do that before. All the excess fat on my legs made it impossible to do. It's an amazing journey in both the weight loss and the emotional growth and changes that occur along with it.
JRinAZ
on 12/2/06 6:30 am - Layton, UT
Congratulations Judy! Your type of post is the reason I still hang on these boards! LOL! I love being reminded of the joy of the journey!! I'll never forget having a little meltdown in Dillards. A kind woman asked me if she could help me and I told her that I didn't know where to "look" for clothes. I was standing n the middle of the Woman's department where I was very very familiar and not one thing there would fit me anymore. She very kindly showed me around the entire store! I was in awe of the many choices available but it took many many shopping trips before I felt comfortable in the other areas. I always felt like someone was going to "bust me" for trying to be someone I wasn't! Relish these moments and never forget where you came from! It makes the weight loss rewards so much sweeter! High Fives and Big Hugggggzzzz your way, Joyce
Most Active