:help: Has anyone had lapband surgery? Need HELP!

lisaadams01
on 11/30/06 7:20 am - peoria, AZ
I had surgery in march of this year, everything was fine no problems. All of a sudden today I am feeling the port. It kind of feels like it is popping out or something. It feels really weird and uncomfortable and it only happens when I bend or move quickly. Has any one else experienced any problems with their port? I had the surgery in Michigan and I live in Arizona but the clinic out here does not do the lap band.
Nicole W.
on 11/30/06 7:38 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I am not sure about the port problems... there are a few people on here who have had Lap Band. But am sure you can call any of the following doctors and get help... they all do LapBand. Terry Simpson Phoenix (602) 234-8995 Hilario Juarez Phoenix (602) 252-1510 Robin P. Blackstone Scottsdale (480) 391-3885 Eric Schlesinger Scottsdale (800) 282-0066
Todd_B
on 11/30/06 8:56 am - Queen Creek, AZ
Lisa, Totally normal.... as you lose the weight you will feel the port. You may in the future change out your port, if it is a bother, to a low profile port. This of course requires surgery. You can email me or my wife, we both have bands and have the same issues. Jen is in a size six and can really notice her port. Not enough to have another surgery. You might want to consider a new doc that does lap-band as you will have many more questions that a phone call can answer. Good luck and do not hesitate to email if you need anything. Todd
lisaadams01
on 11/30/06 1:50 pm - peoria, AZ
Todd, I used to feel the port in the begining but this is different. It almost feels like its being ripped out and it is an awful feeling. I did find a list of doctors here that do lapband surgeries and one of them is at the same clinic I had my surgery but I was told I wouldn't get a call bac****il tomorrow. How long did it take you to loose all the weight? I have lost 110 lbs so far. Thanks, Lisa
JRinAZ
on 12/1/06 12:43 am - Layton, UT
HI LIsa, I just ran your post past Dr. Simpson. HE said you most likely need your port repositioned. You can give me a call at the office if you need to run in this morning to have him peek at it. Joyce Bariatric Assistant to Dr. Terry Simpson www.theweightlossdr.com 602 234-8995
Most Active