COFFEE ANYONE?

MARY OTU
on 11/29/06 4:52 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi all, I know that we on DR Blackstone's program are not supposed to have coffee and I have had no problem living without the caffeine for the past 2 months. BUT, I miss the taste! I would love to enhance my chocolate protein shake with a little instant decaf. Can anyone tell me if this would harm my pouch? Or does anyone know of a coffee flavored sugar free syrup perhaps? I see folks from other programs are allowed coffee. Have any of you had a problem with drinking a little? Thanks fellow coffee klatchers, Mary
carolem
on 11/29/06 5:43 am - Austin , TX
Mary, I'm hoping someone will say yes to your question. My husband says he doesn't even miss it, but I know after awhile he'll be wanting some as well. I wouldn't think it would hurt as long as it's decaf, but then it just might, so your smart to check it out. You've done so well in such a short time. Good luck with the coffee!!! CaroleM
Darlene X
on 11/29/06 5:55 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ever seen these? http://store.bariatriceating.com/achievone.html They are coffee flavored protein drinks... Im not a coffee drinker but Ive heard lots of people rave about them.
Kathy S.
on 11/29/06 6:03 am - PHX, AZ
Kahlua flavored Sugar Free syrup at Wal-Mart, I think the Di Vinci brand! I have had decaf coffee with a little non-fat milk a few times but I am six months out. These syrups mix nicely with ISOPURE Chocolate. Make sure the syrup is sugar free though. Now that the weather is cooler coffee has more appeal! Good Luck, Kathy
Nicole W.
on 11/29/06 6:41 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I am thankful I am not addicted to coffee... I was able to give up Diet Coke without a problem and still no desire for it at all. Mary... I would call or email the office. All I know is that coffee is a diuretic, so thats not good right now.
MARY OTU
on 11/29/06 6:48 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I know, I know.... Bad me! The caffeine is not bothering me. I just love the taste of coffee and getting my protein in has been hard for me. I just don't like the flavor of the shakes and the syrupy liquids are even worse. Like my Hubby says, "It's medicine. It's not supposed to taste good!" I am going to keep a look out for a "fake" coffee flavoring or sf syrup I can use. Thanks everyone for your responses. Mary
AZdove
on 11/29/06 9:42 am - Tolleson, AZ
I read somewhere that the only true CAFFEINE FREE instant coffee was Folgers Crystals (not the decaf but the CAFFEINE FREE). I have to admit to being addicted to my cuppa each morning! I drink it black and strong. Once I have surgery I am hoping that my taste will change and I will no longer drool over the mere thought of coffee! When I met with the dietitian at Dr. Blackstones office she said that more and more coffee is coming up in her sessions as being the one thing that will be missed the most after surgery!
CINABOBINA
on 11/29/06 10:22 pm
Mary I am a Dr B patient - 4.2 months out and drink 1 cup of coffee a day ! I make sure to try and get in 2 extra cups of water to compensate for it , The problem with Coffee is acidic & its a diuretic not to metion that it tends to increase food cravings and you know how Dr B feels about snacking and flavorfull drinks . I use the sugar free creamer - I think International brand - Yellow banner - French Vanilla. Or You can pick up the sf syrup at Smart & Final . $4.00 per bottle - look for the blue label . Torani Brand. If you ask Cassie - She would suggest you wait till your at least 4 months out ! As Darlene pointed out the Acheive Drinks are not too bad . I have a couple in my desk at work and are good to fall back on when I need some extra protein.
Most Active