Just had appointment with Dr Fang....

sweetie6327
on 11/28/06 2:27 am
I just got back from seeing Dr Fang. I gave him my reports and referals from my pcp and speicalists. He said that Colene would be getting back with me since I have everything that is needed to send to the insurance company. Does anyone know what I could be doing to get everything ready on my end? So that everything goes smooth. Also does anyone know if Dr Fang says I have nothing to worry about is that true? Or does the person who sends the paperwork off to insurance company would know if this is true. Cuz he made it seem like everything looked fine after looking at all my records and stuff. any answers out there?
alligatorpgr
on 11/28/06 3:33 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Have you called your insurance company to see what criteria they have for pre-approval for surgery? It would help move the process along if you know what their specific criteria is for surgery approval. Good luck on your WLS journery Alli
Darlene X
on 11/28/06 3:53 am - Maricopa, AZ
REBECCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Are you the rebecca that I was talking to in Dr fangs office? I was the one in the rusty color T-shirt. Darlene
horizontallychallenged
on 11/28/06 5:10 am
Darlene and I were giving you a ROOTIN' squad, we made it up ourselves ... I'm glad that parts over for you!! Who's your insurance company? On this forum they have an insurance forum with some answers to questions such as yours. My insurance paper came from the office and I (I think) needed the usual stuff (which I promptly forgot so I could fill my brain with more important stuff like ... WHENS THE DATE?) I did call my insurance company prior to my letter. I must have called, no less than 5 times, talked to that many people, they all had different stories for me! When I got the letter from Juarez/Fang's office I could see what THEY thought I needed - it worked!! Things I remember - 2 years diet records, records of co-morbidities, letter from PCP ... Things you'll need to get if you haven't yet - PSYCH eval that is less than a year old, NUTRITIONAL evaluation, you might need a CARDIAC & PULMONARY clearance also. Others can add much more to this list, I'm having a cerebral flatulation (brain toot) at the moment, sorry.
horizontallychallenged
on 11/28/06 5:14 am
Oops, was it 6 months diet records?
pwrightt
on 11/28/06 9:42 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Rebecca:Collene probably gave you a paper that showed some of the things needed. Like referal which you have. But like it was posted before you WILL need a psych evaluation (which Dr.Maxwell at St.Lukes is very good). My insurance did not require a pulmonary or cardiac clearance but Dr.Juarez does. So I would imagine Dr.Fang would also. It will all depend on your insurance. I believe it takes about two weeks before they submit. But call your insurance company they will let you know what is required. Collene is the one who can tell you exacty what you will need since she and Angelia are the ones that submit the insurance. Good luck and keep a copy of all your paperwork and clearances.
justcuz
on 11/29/06 8:58 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi Rebecca, I too am with Dr Fang. He basically is letting you know you are clear from his end. However now it is in your insurance company's hands. They will let Colene know if they require anything. But you will need the stress test, phyc test and possibly pulmanary. Then once your insurance tells them they will cover it, they wil set your date. Then you get to go spend the day at the hospital doing another 5 tests. the hospital will require. Lot's to look forward too. But the tests are good to catch ohter issues that might be going on. (which I found out) Good luck and hope it goes quick and smooth for you
sweetie6327
on 11/30/06 1:19 am
hello! Im so sorry to hear about your cyst and to hear that your surgery has been postponed for now until the dr's decide on what they want to do. I hope everything goes ok and with a speedy recovery. i will keep you in my thoughts and good luck to you!!! Rebecca
Most Active