Help!

ChrisOR520
on 11/28/06 5:54 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey I got my surgery date for December 26th. I will be having open RNY. I am way stoked but nervouse @ the same time. I went today to pick up my packet and paperwork that I have to fill out before I have my pre op class this monday. In the packet we are required to write a letter Dr. Schwartz (my sergeon) stating why I want this surgery, how the surgery will benefit you, what are the complications and the possible side effects of this surgery. I am bad @ writing I was wondering if any of you guys had to do this and if you can send me a copy of the letter you wrote to my email [email protected] so I can get some ideas. ThankS!
carolem
on 11/28/06 7:19 am - Austin , TX
Sorry Christopher, our doctor for my husband and myself didn't require such a letter. It sounds like it's a letter he needs in his file in case there should be litigation! You can go on the web site of Scottsdale Bariatric Center and get some info for your letter. Good luck Carole
Susanbs4
on 11/28/06 8:58 am
I don't think he cares about your grammer etc. He is interested in making sure you have thought about this and are aware of all the pros and cons. At Dr. Blackstone's office, I took a quiz that covered alot of the same questions and we went over it together. It is just on more step to be sure you know that is not a quick cure, that there are possible complications and that you are doing it for the right reasons. Just be honest, and talk about how it will impact your health and that you realize it requires you to change your eating habits and that you need to exercise etc.
CINABOBINA
on 11/28/06 10:13 pm
Chris Speak from your heart , Put it on an email and send it to yourself , You can use email to correct any spellin errors , Also this will allow you to have another person read it and give you feedback. I wrote a letter to myself - I read it every now & then , It allows me to reflect on ow much better my life is - now that I am 125 lbs lighter. I still have a ways to go, challenges to face in the future - But I know I have a new lease on life. Good Luck in your Journey - & it is a journey ! Keep us posted
vquigley
on 11/29/06 12:18 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Christopher, Congratulations on having your surgery date set! You'll soon be on the way to the losing side. One of the things that I did before surgery was write a list of things that I wanted to accomplish after surgery and also how I wanted to feel. Maybe those are the kinds of things that your doctor wants you to think about. Things like fitting into an airline seat without a seatbelt extension, being able to walk without getting out of breath, living a healthier life, being able to exercise. People did ask me if I knew what I was doing but I felt in my heart that if I did not have surgery I was going to die slowly so since I chose to live, I had surgery. I feel so much better and have more energy than I have in years. The comparison between last Christmas and this Christmas is amazing. I actually spent three hours shopping last night, and still had energy left at the end of the evening, unlike last year when I did all my shopping online. Good luck to you, Virginia
Most Active