Supplements post surgery

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/06 11:03 am - AZ
Hi, I am trying to get together all the supplements needed post surgery. I have a liquid multivitamin, liquid calcium citrate, and I am buying sublingual b-12 this week. Any other suppliments??? I think iron too? Any ideas would be apprciated.. Thanks Erin
Nicole W.
on 11/27/06 11:34 am - Cave Creek, AZ
this is what I take... Centrum Chewable - 2 tablets (for the extra iron) B-Complex Sublingual with B-12 boost - liquid from Target Calcium Citrate Chewables - from Hi-Health Pepcid - 2 chewables/day (for Dr. Blackstone patients) I found these to be the cheapest way... I was going to buy the Bariatric Advantage stuff and the liquid stuff but it turned out to be more money and I heard thru support groups that taste wasn't the best. ~Nicole
KT300
on 11/27/06 1:29 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Nicole, Where do you get the Pepcid chewables? Gag, but I need them! Katie
JRinAZ
on 11/27/06 1:39 pm - Layton, UT
Hey Katie, I'm definitely not the adorable Nicole but I was just at Costco this afternoon and they have the chewable Pepcids. The price slowed me down though and I stuck with the teeny tiny tablets that were much cheaper. Joyce
Nicole W.
on 11/27/06 2:20 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I got them at CVS... they are berry flavored, not too bad! I got 65 chewables for about $15.00, I think. I saved my CVS coupons for it.
(deactivated member)
on 11/29/06 11:05 am - AZ
Thanks guys for the response, I am a little over 3 weeks out and trying to get everything ready, Hey Nicole did you lose any weight pre-op? I am meeting with Dr Blackstone next Thursday and I haven't lost a lb. I know they weight you again the day of your sugery, so if she says I have to lose the 12 lbs, I will starve myself for 2 weeks...Just curious on how things worked out for you. By the way love Cave Creek, I lived in Anthem for a little under a year. Live in northern Peoria now, like it too.... Take Care...Erin
Nicole W.
on 11/29/06 11:27 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Erin, I was all excited to see how much lost from August to October, I thought for sure I lost more than I actually did, because clothes were fitting me differently, but I only lost 3lbs. Dr. Blackstone didnt say anything to me... but I busted my butt and lost 10lbs from 10/12 to 10/30... and then she and Melissa both commented. Either way my liver was still fatty! Don't starve yourself... just eat right, thats what I did. I also increased my walking a great deal. Have you gone to your Pre-Op class yet? I am in Cave Creek Zip Code, but not true Cave Creek... I am like 4 miles north of Desert Ridge! ~Nicole
Most Active