OT: Maid of Honor Dress for sisters wedding

Sondra J. S.
on 11/27/06 8:27 am - Show Low, AZ
Hi everyone I know I'm beginning to become more of a lurker than anything!! Well I just had an amazing WOW for me and an kinda embarassing moment, lol.... Well, my sister is gettting married December 30th 2006, was supposed to be November 25th 2006 (which would have also been the 3 year anniversary of our father's death) but her fiance is in the Army and was told he was to be shipped out to Ft. Irwin in California. So, here goes my task of having to change flight arrangements, oh if you have ever had to do it, you know how tedious it is, the cancellation fees they try to charge you!! OMG, lol. America West waived the fee, thank God, but the little plane has yet to waive it, they need proof that he was shipped to Death Valley (Ft. Irwin) in California but he didn't get paper orders it was just part of his training. Ok so now back to the dress. I went to Fashion Bug, Bealls, Stage, and J.C. Penny's to no avail, well I did find a purple dress at J.C. Penny's but it was very slinky, size large, a complicated spagetti strap, and very short, well, mid-calf and was a jagged hem not a straight hem it was satin and only $19.99, but I didn't like it and it was just a little tight on me, nothing a girddle couldn't fix, and a month, lol. Soooo, I decide to wait until today which is Monday and go to the ONLY bridal shop on the mountain and look there and see what they have in stock as I didn't want to wait any longer. I got there and looked, I did try on a dress at Fashion Bug that was a 16 that fit wonderfully, with blue jeans on underneath, so I figured I could go down a size, we were looking and I seen this absoultely georgeous dress that was a laverndish color that the top was a corset, literally, so, I decided to try it on, OMG it was a size 13/14, I'm like there is no way this will fit me, so I get into the dressing room and get it over my head and it gets over my shoulders and that is all the farther it will go, I'm like oh sh*%!!!! So, I called the lady and told her I think I needed some help getting out of it, and she chuckled when I turned around and said "Well, it would help if we unzipped the zipper" I think I turned beet red, lol. So, she undid the zipper and it literally fell down to where it was supposed to be, then she proceeded to "strap" me in the corset, lol, she said the zipper zipped fairly easily, so, the dress was on and it wasn't really that tight it was satin underneath with that shear stuff over it, can't remember what it's called. Soooo, I bought it, it's beautiful, I'm going to have my fiance's sister or mom strap me into it tonight and take pictures of me in it so I can send them to my sister, and I will post them on here, YAY!! Hope everyone had a Very Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Sondra, 315/200/150
Most Active