Surgery Update & Thank You

CK777
on 11/26/06 12:38 am - Avondale, AZ
Well I am obviously home from the hospital and surgery is DONE!! I want to first thank everyone for their well wishes and prayers......................they worked. I would also like to thank Nicole for coming up to visit me and she brought me some beautiful flowers THANK YOU NICOLE! I was released on Thanksgiving but they weren't sure they were going to let me go as my white cell count was elevated and that could indicate infection, but there was no fever? I was released with a rx for a CBC and did that yesterday. I think I gained about 7 lbs from the surgery but probably have lost that by now. My pre surgery weight was 254.9 and after surgery was 260 (Wednesday) and 261 (Thursday). I have been walking a lot - like Friday and Saturday 5500+ steps which I think is pretty good and I have had no problem getting my water down. Yesterday I got out of the house for a good part of the day which felt good and really only napped Thursday when I got home and part of Friday. I think the worst parts for me were waiting in the pre-op area for so long and then I remember when they were bringing me back to my room I kept gagging and wretching as I felt they were wheeling me too fast through the halls? They might have been going slow but I will never really know, to me it felt like the worst roller coaster ride of my life! My surgery was at 8 am but I think they were a little late and I remember looking at the clock in the room once I got back and it said noonish and then they had me up at 4pm to walk and every two hours after that. I didn't eat much of their "food" that they brought, just a little jello............I'll survive on water for a little bit. My nurses were good, just left me alone as they knew I was doing what I should. Randy took my drains out Thursday morning I prepared for the worst and it was NOTHING! WHEW! That part I was dreading but seriously it was like having a stitch out. Once again thank you everyone for the prayers and I am proud to be the next lOSER! Cathy
MARY OTU
on 11/26/06 8:17 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Congratulations Kathy, You will do wonderfully I am sure. See you at support group on 12-2-06. Mary
Nicole W.
on 11/27/06 4:55 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Cathy, I am so glad you are doing so well. I took felt great when I got home too... I had good energy levels. If you need anything give me a call! Hope to see you next Monday at support group. ~Nicole
KT300
on 11/27/06 9:57 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hey Cathy, So glad everything went great for you!!! Don't worry about the water weight, I think I was up18lbs in the hospital, now I'm down 22lbs from preop!! Hope to see you at the support group if you're up to it on 12/4. Take good care, Katie
Most Active