I'm happy, sleep study went well! 2nd time....

carolem
on 11/20/06 3:27 am - Austin , TX
I was so upset having to go through this again. Mainly because it's so uncomfortable with all the wires, glue in your hair, etc!. But the one last night wasn't that bad. The pulmonary doc. was insisting I have this done, as the results of the 1st one he didn't like. It was done somewhere else, and I didn't want to go back there. Hated that place! They were prepared to use a CPAP on me if I met the criteria my doctor had given them after 2 hours into the study. Guess what???? I didn't meet the criteria, my sleep apnea is so slight a CPAP wasn't necessary. Am I happy! Also, my blood oxygen level the nurse was taking at the pulmonary docs. office, was wrong. She was getting the 60's, but done correctly (not over nail polish) it reads out in the 90's. The nurse at the sleep study was a pulmonary nurse for 20 years and discovered that little secret years ago, she said so many nurses are not trained properly in that area. Wait until my pulmonary doc see's the new numbers. I have one more Echo to do as it's hard to get the pressure reading they are looking for. This time better be the lucky one, going into HeartCare again is getting pretty old! I should be cleared pretty soon, and then I can sit back and enjoy the Holidays and wait for my Jan surgery date. By the way, the nurse from the sleep study says everyone has a little sleep apnea, it's in varying degrees in most people. Sometimes positional, so if you sleep on your back, STOP IT! Better to sleep on your side. Losing weight will lessen this as well. Things are looking up, finally...... CaroleM
vquigley
on 11/20/06 1:06 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Carole, That is great news! Now you can relax and get prepared to be on the losing side. Virginia
AZdove
on 11/21/06 4:37 am - Tolleson, AZ
You know a lot of the tests we go through are really annoying but they all do serve a purpose. If the only purpose is to keep us busy until our surgery dates! Funny! I am so glad your tests are coming back with great results! I am also doubly glad you are sharing them on this board. That little tip you gave out about the nail polish might just help a ton more people during their tests! You go sweet lady! Your surgery date will be here before you know it. Good luck and God bless!
pwrightt
on 11/21/06 10:30 am - PHOENIX, AZ
HI Carol: I'm so very happy for you. It was because of your post I deceided to go ahead and get the clearance for the cardiac and pulmonary before hand. I go on the 27th of November for testing. I am going to Virginia's lung doctor. I don't have any feedback on the heart doctor and if my experience is bad will be coming back to the board for referrals. Oh, by the way. I will not be wearing any nail polish. Thanks again and like I said I am so happy for you.
Most Active