My Indian Thanksgiving WOW yesterday!!

Sondra J. S.
on 11/19/06 3:32 am - Show Low, AZ
Hi everyone Ok, I know it's been a long time since I've been on here and posted, but, I just had to share this with my surgery sisters, and brothers, lol....Well, we have an Indian Thanksgiving every year about a week before Thanksgiving it's self. This year it was yesterday the 18th. Well, I haven't seen most of these Indians and the Anglos White people since before the surgery, one of the things that happens is that a woman that we know brings A LOT of clothes and food for the Head Navajo medicine man and his family, so I was outside helping his son load up the truck with all the clothes and food and I noticed he kept eyeing me, finally he said "You have lost a lot of weight haven't you?" and I told him that I had and about the surgery and "Borrowing" my 16 yr old nieces clothes (that are getting huge on me now) and he's like "Well, you look a lot better, real good" I was trying hard not to blush, lol, so, we get all the stuff in the truck and all day long he was staring me up and down. The night before when another friend had come in and I opened the door her first words to me were "Well, hello there skinny minnie" I tried to hold back the tears because all the hard work and pain and the time and everything is paying off, I'm healthier than ever, and I feel great, The Docs finally decided that I needed a rib belt because I had intense pain in my right side and once I put that belt on it was almost instant relief when I breathe or cough or sneeze etc.... It's funny, last year at the Indian Thanksgiving I was given the once over, but this year everyone wanted to talk to me, wanted to know about the surgery and many didn't recognize me until my fiance came up and hugged me or put his arm around me or kissed me, then they realized who I was and were like OMG is that really you?!?!? lol. So it's like a great wow!! These Indians and the people who come to our Thanksgiving are our family and we love them dearly so it's nice to know that they care so much about me and my health, they were all interested in how much I could eat and what I couldn't eat..... I know bad me I just HAD to have a small slice of the peach cobbler, but only a very small slice, lol.... Ok, I'm done.......Love to all Sondra, 315/201/150
vquigley
on 11/20/06 1:10 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Sondra, What a wonderful story! I'm glad you are feeling better and that the rib belt is helping. Keep up the good work. Virginia
Most Active