**~Arizona Holiday Gathering~**

carolem
on 11/17/06 6:28 am - Austin , TX
I vote for Thursday, and Mimi's off Shea Blvd and the 101. We could do what Joyce suggested when we have a head count and call ahead to order half meals. It's such a happy place. By early next week we'll have a better count. Just wanted to get my response in. Carole M.
Nicole W.
on 11/17/06 8:21 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Thursday works well... My only concern with Mimi's on 90th and Shea is, I feel the service stinks! Melissa, Katie & I went the other night for dinner... I ordered Quiche... yes, it was a mistake because it had bacon in it. But not once did the waitress ask me if I wanted something else... she just took my plate and everyone else's plate and threw the check at us. Maybe I was being overly-sensitive and I was feeling sick from the bite I took, but I wasn't thrilled (and this was not the first time at this location)! So unless there is a different Mimi's location that is better than the Scottsdale one, I'm all for it!
JRinAZ
on 11/17/06 12:37 pm - Layton, UT
Nicole, It's your idea and your call. Just name a time and place and let us all start giving your our yea or nay. I've been to some great Mimi's and some crummy ones. IT's not the only restaurant but it does accomodate a large number of people. Chilis, Applesbees, and others like that are mostly loud and small booth oreinted. I would not be a nice person if someone threw a check at me (see Joyce's monster get unleashed!).....so, let's not do that one. It doesn't have to be in Scottsdale does it? How about a seafood place? Or a steak place usually has shrimp ****tails and grilled choices. Mimi's was a good option if you know of a decent one because of their vast menu........There's a Cheesecake Factory at our Chandler Mall??? Their menu is amazing! Whatever you choose will be GREAT!!!! You go girl! Joyce
Nicole W.
on 11/17/06 1:10 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I would be up for Fish... I love fish! Most fish places have chicken and other things for those that do not like Fish. I do not mind a drive at all... so it does not need to be in Scottsdale. For those of us that live in the North Valley, we can carpool! Red Lobster has the endless Shrimp right now... I only know that because I just saw the commerical. There is a fish place over off of 51 and Camelback... just can't think of the name off the top of my head. So far... my vote is for Red Lobster!
lemarie22
on 11/17/06 10:42 pm - Glendale, AZ
Nicole, You're thinking of the Fish Market. http://www.thefishmarket.com/locations_details.asp?id=5 I usually have an appetizer like one of their seafood ****tails and/or a salad. Their website has a sample menu without prices. They can be a little pricey for regular meals, but heck, we're appetizer eaters. Another option for light eaters like ourselves is someplace with Dim Sum or Tapas. Connie
AZdove
on 11/18/06 5:15 am - Tolleson, AZ
Thursday the 14th would work for me. I would however like to offer up my home as a possibility. We could make it an open house on Saturday the 16th and have it from 4pm to 7 pm or later...but I live on 107th avenue @ Durango (half mile street between Buckeye and Lower Buckeye). It is easy to get to my house by the I-10 or outer loop. I have a large home that I share with my son, his wife and my three granddaughters. It makes for wonderful parties. I have a pool table, big screen TV, Jacuzzi (if anyone is interested) but my pool is not heated so if anyone is in to an icy dip...feel free. If we go with the open house thing it would be nice to have everyone bring a recipe (written? or sample?) that works for them to share. If this was to work out we could do it each year as a kind of reunion! Let me know.
alligatorpgr
on 11/17/06 7:54 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I vote for Thursday as well.... Alli
tres35cowgirl8
on 11/17/06 1:22 pm - * _ *, AZ
Can I go?
Nicole W.
on 11/19/06 2:01 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Everyone is welcome!!!
Darlene X
on 11/18/06 3:57 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ok, so have we officially decided on Thursday December 14th????
Most Active