**~Arizona Holiday Gathering~**

Nicole W.
on 11/17/06 2:20 am - Cave Creek, AZ
So most people think this is a good idea... which I think is AWESOME! It would be so nice to meet more of you and we can be one happy group. Maybe doing a secret santa, grab bag or white elephant (a nice one, not silly stuff) gift exhange with a small budget? So... since majority of us live all over the valley, a central location would be best. Also we will need to pick a few dates that would work best for majority. I agree that weekends would be pretty crowded if meeting at resturants (unless they take reservations)... so maybe something mid-week would work best. Maybe a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday?? So how about a day the week of December 11th? We will need ideas for some resturants... especially those that can accommodate a large party. Post your ideas here and we can do a vote. Please invite friends and family to join... the more the merrier!
Darlene X
on 11/17/06 3:22 am - Maricopa, AZ
Tuesday Dec 12th is the Chandler Support group night--- so deffinately not that day! I think any other day would work for me. Monday, Wed, Thur....
carolem
on 11/17/06 3:48 am - Austin , TX
That week works for me, what about Thursday the 14th? I'm just thinking it would be a little easier for those of us working. Now we need a place. I've only been here 2 years everyone, so I don't know these restaurants. Someone whose been post op for awhile has probably checked out a few. What about some of these places that hold networking meetings. Anyone know of one somewhat near Scottsdale Hospital. We're all going to have to drive a little, if we can keep it close to the frwy it makes it easier. There is a Mimi's by the hospital on Shea and the 101, at the one near my office in Chandler, had a group of about 20 people in one of their back dining areas. I don't know about their menu though, they have just changed it. That's my good idea, also maybe an Applebee's since they also have weigh****cher meals. Anyone?????? CaroleM
JRinAZ
on 11/17/06 4:50 am - Layton, UT
Carol, I LOVE Mimi's and if someone calls ahead and speaks with the manager, they will let you order half orders, a la carte (like turkey or meatloaf only w/o sides), take separate checks and genrally be very accomodating. I'm sure Christmas is a busy time for all resturants though so gratuitiy might be included no matter where we choose. ....Also, Mimi's has clam chowder and French onion soup for newbies. And, if anyone sits next to me then they can eat off of my plate! *winks* Hugggggzzz, Joyce
JRinAZ
on 11/17/06 4:45 am - Layton, UT
Me too! Me too! (and probably my very handsome DH)......But....just a heads up that one of our dashing Chandler men will be hosting a Holiday (can I call it Christmas?) gathering at his home for everyone/ Chandler regulars or not... (potluck w an RSVP) the evening of the 12th. We will be meeting at his home in lieu of our traditional support meeting at Chandler Regional Hospital. He's got a lovely large home in West Chandler (not far from the 101). I'll cross post the details as soon as he shoots them out to us..... Sooooo......knowing there's never a perfect night, how about a Weds or Thurs since most work parties are on weekends? I think I'm going to schedule a Sat morning breakfast for all of us/you at TC Eggingtons on the 60 and Alma School for the 2nd Saturday of December (is that the 9th?) I'll check with the restaurant first before I post. Newbies should be able to find an egg dish of some type that would be tastey and agree with their new tummies! Are we party animals or what?!!!! I need to go shopping! What to wear? Joyce P.S. If you are a Doc Simpson patient then don't forget taht your RSVP is due to the office by the 29th of Nov for the Dec 2nd Holiday party at the Phoenix Country Club. (602) 234-8995.
carolem
on 11/17/06 5:11 am - Austin , TX
Boy this is really taking off! I would like to go to the one in Chandler and probably the breakfast on the 9th sounds fun. Potluck sounds really good, everyone can bring what they know they can eat! My husband would love to meet another "guy" on the program. Waiting for your posting so we can RSVP, I was wondering how I was ever going to meet you! We all having the partying down.... now we just have to learn how to party differently, what's fun is we're all in the same situation just at different stages! CaroleM
Darlene X
on 11/17/06 6:14 am - Maricopa, AZ
We were talking with Gil on Tuesday at dinner about a potluck at his house, sounds like a lot of fun!!! Im all for it. Count us in for breakfast too... I haven't seen my American Mum in months!!! Darlene
alligatorpgr
on 11/17/06 4:58 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I'm in for the party, Wednesday or Thursday would be great for me Alli
Nicole W.
on 11/17/06 5:19 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Ok... dates narrowed down. Wednesday, 12/13 or Thursday, 12/14 Resturant Ideas: Applebee's Mimi's TGIFriday's I wouldn't have a problem hosting a pot-luck at my house on a Saturday or Sunday. I live in the North Valley... about 5 miles north of Tatum Blvd and Loop 101. Also, I would hate to plan one and then have a disappointing response... the cleaning, preparing, etc. is alot of work. So maybe a resturant meeting is easier...
Darlene X
on 11/17/06 6:11 am - Maricopa, AZ
It's such a busy time of year, a resturaunt would probably be better... that way you don't have to stress out and organize too much. Both Wed & Thur work fine for me.... Applebee's doesn't tend to be able to cater to large parties, cause they are normally a lot of booths and very few tables.... i guess we need a rough head count first...
Most Active